Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maximus83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Hi,

I know powerdDvd play full (framepacked) 3D on the PC , but can't find any solutions for the MAC.

I know this feature is meant to be coming to DVDFab media player but is there anything else that is available now on the mac?

I've got a mac mini connected up to my 3D tv.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Hi,

I know powerdDvd play full (framepacked) 3D on the PC , but can't find any solutions for the MAC.

I know this feature is meant to be coming to DVDFab media player but is there anything else that is available now on the mac?

I've got a mac mini connected up to my 3D tv.

Try VLC, the latest version is supposed to play blu ray format.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Try VLC, the latest version is supposed to play blu ray format.

It will play BR disks, but as far as I'm aware there is no 3D option available yet for Mac....I've been waiting for this too, as I have a 3D TV that I'd like to take more advantage of...VLC will hopefully include this in a future update...I would also like to see Handbrake updated to include the feature too.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
It will play BR disks, but as far as I'm aware there is no 3D option available yet for Mac....I've been waiting for this too, as I have a 3D TV that I'd like to take more advantage of...VLC will hopefully include this in a future update...I would also like to see Handbrake updated to include the feature too.

I haven't tried 3d on VLC, because I use converted (MKV to MP4) files on iTunes. This works fine also for 3D movies via ATV3. 3D is on VLC's ToDo list, perhaps check the nightly build 2.1.0.
Well, for the meantime you can convert the file to iTunes format, this should also work for your mini to TV.

Last edited:

maximus83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
So as it stands there is no software on Mac capable of playing Full 3D frame packed movies?

I'm not talking about half side by side or top and bottom either, as this is pretty easy to do as you just switch the TV manually.

I'm talking full 3D frame packed, like blu-ray. The software would need to work like the PS3 does and send a conform signal to tell the TV it is 3D and play the movie blurry (without glasses) rather than just 2D as it does with my Prometheus blu-ray rip on the mac.

PowerDVD seems to be able to do it on PC. Is there anytihng out there for mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.