Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silversealilies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
Hello all,

I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac, and there's one Wordpress site that just won't work on my computers! It's my business site, so it's kind of important that I can get on to view and edit it.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. When I type in the URL, the site flashes up for a split second, then disappears. This happens on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera on both my computers.

I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on both my Macs.

I thought maybe it was a network issue, but it happens at both my home and my office, and no one else has this problem - that's why I think it's a Mac problem (I'm the only one with Macs).

Anyone have any ideas??

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
perhaps if you gives us the link? maybe we can come up with some ideas?

if its just a standard wordpress site then it should not be an issue.

you can always try an online checker such as http://try.powermapper.com/Demo/SortSite and see what that says.

Other things to try - open a terminal window and try

Code:
ping www.yoursite.com

that should tell you if your mac can reach it.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
You can get a blank screen if your hosting runs out of memory, but usually you wouldn't get even the initial flash of content.

Are you logged in when you view your site? If you are try visiting in Safari with private browsing turned on or Chrome Incognito mode so you'll be anonymous and (probably) get served mostly cached content that won't require much processing.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Maybe its a cache thing? Try Safari-> Click on the Safari word-> Reset Safari.

This will clear out all the old stuff, then try navigating to the page with the full url, actually type it, don't click a link. Oops... already mentioned above!

Are using an external host? Or self hosted? Could be a lan redirect issue ( .htaccess or php.ini configured not 100% correct ). I've spent many hours of my life, fighting with this. Take your computer to another network and see if you can see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.