Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lewisb86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hello

I really hope someone can help me and explain to me what is going on with my iPhone 5s.

At the weekend, I took my phone off charge and used it throughout the day. I decided to charge it when it got to approxiamtely 40% and was presented with a screen that tells me 'This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone'.

I went to use 3 other certified charges, and no charger worked! I decided to take it to an Apple Store and the Genius had no problem charging the phone. Charges it off a USB plugged into a Macbook and also off the standard wall charger.
She put it in DFU mode, restored it and double checked. It was charging! Great! I take it home, go to plug it in, NOTHING

I have 3 different types of chargers at home. All 3 did not charge my iPhone 5s. I used my housemates iPhone 5c and my friends iPhone 5c and they all charged on all 3 types of chargers.

The chargers are all certified Apple chargers... BUT, I went to a friends and used a 3rd party certified charger and it charged.

What is going on with my phone?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
It sure is strange.
Charging via ac power and computer work at the Apple Store, but not at your home.
I'd suggest to try at another Apple Store, since chances are it won't work there either.

Lewisb86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Thanks for replying :)

I have brought my charger into work. Plugged it in, connected my phone and it doesn't charge, connected a work colleagues phone and it charges

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.