Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released an updated version of OS X 10.9.1 for developers, which has a build number of 13B40 . Today's release comes nearly two weeks after the second 10.9.1 beta, which had a build number of 13B35.

13b40.jpg
Last week's build included several fixes for Gmail in OS X Mail, along with improvements to the Smart Mailbox functionality. It also included bug fixes for emojis when used with VoiceOver, and included an update to the Shared Links tab when the Safari Sidebar is open. Build 13B40 includes the same fixes.

Registered developers can download the update through the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X 10.9.1 Build 13B40 to Developers

illusionmist

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2013
10.7.1 and 10.8.1 took them about a month. Thought we'd get final release this week. Guess not.

ManifoldSky

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Lay this one at the feet of Google

I think they did that on purpose to sabotage Google. LOL.

Uh, no. Google did it because they can't write decent software, and can't resist the urge to use their own non-standard implementations of common standards. Fine if you make it better, but Google… doesn't.

cchrisllb

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2011
Cover flow bug and quicktime converting

I'm hoping that they fix the dreaded cover flow bug, this is really hurting my workflow when dealing with and organizing tons of pictures and previewing files. Also quicktime having to convert file formats to open in quicktime is ridiculous! Having to convert files that are uncompressed or in other formats that should be easily readable i.e. mp4, etc... is sad. I'm trying to leave my files in native format please!!!!!!!!!

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
NEW SAFARI ICON!!!

Nah, just kidding.

Seeing as I haven't had any bugs with .0 I'm not really noticing any huge difference other than Finder response time feels a little better.

2cool4games

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
Fix the preview issue for photos and stuff. When I use space preview is sometimes crashes and doesn't produce a preview for the image. Particularly CR2 files. Canon raw files....

Mac.User

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Where can I find a direct download? I hate this seed plug in stuff. It annoys me enough that I'm thinking of canceling my Dev account. I don't even submit my apps to the App store.

Eccles6

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
I hope they fix the Keychain bug chewing up download quota. Several 10.9 machines burning through 6-8Gb a day. Spent the last week shaped to 256kbs having blown quota.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I really hope they bring back the ability to enable 2D dock at the bottom. The 3D dock by no means is horrible, I also love it, but to be honest I really like the new 2D dock..

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Going all the way back to 10.0.0 and 10.0.1, this is the longest time ever between a 10.x.0 release and the 10.x.1 release.

This is mostly correct.

Except for Puma.

10.1 was released September 25, 2001 and 10.1.1 was released November 12, 2001.

So we have a few days left before mavericks beats puma for the longest .1 release time.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Does this release fix the Finder lags—loading tabs and showing content, quick view, etc?

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Uh, no. Google did it because they can't write decent software, and can't resist the urge to use their own non-standard implementations of common standards. Fine if you make it better, but Google… doesn't.

Their HTML skills have been lacking lately, mainly YouTube and gmail on mobile devices.

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Any development on Nvidia video card support? Is OpenCL still broken? I'm waiting for the bugs to be fixed so I can upgrade my Mac Pro's video card to a GTX 660. Either Apple or Nvidia needs to do something.

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
So many areas of needed fixes and improvement, and they're working on emojis.... #srsly :confused:

Are you also confused, that Apple has people working on any other software products, marketing, hardware design and customer support, and people doing gardening and catering, all the while there are bugs in OS X that need to get fixed?

Most roles are highly specialized, and not interchangable, not even within the same product team. So someone working on the emojis could not just quickly be thrown to work on memory management and file systems, without familiarizing them to those parts of the system. It would take time and resources to train them, and that would not help getting bug fixes out any quicker.

Having someone fix a bug in the part of the system they are specialized in, is not going to slow down the improvement in other areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.