Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Someone on this form recommended to me the iBlason iPad Air cas and I have to say that i think it is wonderful. I have been using it for several days now and I LOVE IT!

Thanks you guys!

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Is the bottom lip flimsy?

Do they make one that completely covers the back? I don't plan on using a smart cover, and would like more protection.

Dr99

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I have the soft one and its pretty good. Great when you consider the price. My ipad already took a 4 ft drop and survived.

Ill probably grab a hard one considering its cheap too.

The.Dude

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Just got mine today. Cheap packaging for a great case. Much preferred over the Belkin. Love it. Snap case with Smart Cover lock.

I was swapping it out with my DOLCE case last night to snap some photos of it for a review, and I noticed just a few odd black specks in the top right of the case. I shot i-BLASON an email and they sent me a replacement with tracking number this morning. That company is A-OK in my book!

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Just got mine.

The back is floppy and loose. There is a gap between the case and iPad back that sags.

Also a small rough spot on the side for the smart over cutout.

Clarity is beautiful. Fit is otherwise good. Good button tactile feedback.

Slight movement on edges in normal use. Could be a problem down the line if dust and debris gets between the case and the iPad. Might eventually cause scratches.

Going to exchange once to see if it is just a lemon. Otherwise i love this case.

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
My soft case covers 4 holes on the speaker grill -- two on each side. Anyone else see this? What bugs me most is that the support is non-existent.

Just got mine.

The back is floppy and loose. There is a gap between the case and iPad back that sags.

Also a small rough spot on the side for the smart over cutout.

Clarity is beautiful. Fit is otherwise good. Good button tactile feedback.

Slight movement on edges in normal use. Could be a problem down the line if dust and debris gets between the case and the iPad. Might eventually cause scratches.

Going to exchange once to see if it is just a lemon. Otherwise i love this case.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
My soft case covers 4 holes on the speaker grill -- two on each side. Anyone else see this? What bugs me most is that the support is non-existent.

I don't have holes in the case. On mine, the case is covering 2 speakers holes on each side. Didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Since the gel case is clear, it magnifies the holes so it could be mistaken for holes in the case itself.

It's the 2 holes on each side of the lightening port.

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I don't have holes in the case. On mine, the case is covering 2 speakers holes on each side. Didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Since the gel case is clear, it magnifies the holes so it could be mistaken for holes in the case itself.

It's the 2 holes on each side of the lightening port.

Ah, so it's the same for you. I'll probably return mine for a refund because I'm miffed at i-Blason support -- they can't be bothered to respond to emails or inquiries after sales.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Hope this shows the gap in the back. The blue painters tape is to protect my ipad from the sharp nub on the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 173
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.