Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
My biggest worry going into next year is the limited fuel capacity. I don't want to watch a race where half of it is just making laps rather than racing to save fuel.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My biggest worry going into next year is the limited fuel capacity. I don't want to watch a race where half of it is just making laps rather than racing to save fuel.

Saving fuel, saving tyres, what's the difference? I to just want to see wheel to wheel racing next year. And please let RBR build a lemon!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Pastor Maldonado has been signed by Lotus to partner Romain Grosjean in 2014.

I'm guessing this means that the deal with Quantum Motorsports is dead and they need Pastor's money to compensate.

That means Nico Hulkenberg is probably going back to Sauber, though Peter Sauber might have to be tossed before that can happen as he's evidently not happy Nico went for a seat-fitting at Lotus just before the US Grand Prix and would prefer not to have him back. The other option is Force India.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Pastor Maldonado has been signed by Lotus to partner Romain Grosjean in 2014.

I'm guessing this means that the deal with Quantum Motorsports is dead and they need Pastor's money to compensate.

That means Nico Hulkenberg is probably going back to Sauber, though Peter Sauber might have to be tossed before that can happen as he's evidently not happy Nico went for a seat-fitting at Lotus just before the US Grand Prix and would prefer not to have him back. The other option is Force India.

That's a shame as Hulkenberg is a top racer. I would really like to see what he could do in a better car. Maldonado is not a nice guy. He is just paying his way.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
That's a shame as Hulkenberg is a top racer. I would really like to see what he could do in a better car. Maldonado is not a nice guy. He is just paying his way.

Nico evidently felt Lotus' financial issues (they're behind in salary payments not just to Kimi, but also staff and suppliers) are such that he decided against going to them, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.