Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c have only been out for a few months, but attention is already turning to Apple's plans for the next generation of iPhone, likely to appear in late 2014. Rumors have indicated that a larger, perhaps curved, display may be one of the key features of the next iPhone, which is generally being referred to as the "iPhone 6" by the rumor community.

Rumors about the iPhone 6 and a potential successor to the iPhone 5c will undoubtedly escalate in the coming months, so MacRumors has put together a new iPhone 6 roundup to help readers stay on top of the latest reports.

As with our other roundups, the goal of our iPhone 6 roundup is to simply answer the question of "What are you expecting" for Apple's next iPhone at any given time. That opinion is certain to change over time as new rumors are revealed, and our roundup will be updated regularly to reflect the latest rumors.

All of our roundups continue to be accessible through a dedicated index page showing a full list of our available roundups ordered by most recently updated, as well as directly through the "Roundups" tab in the navigation bar on all MacRumors pages.

Article Link: MacRumors Roundup: What We Expect for iPhone 6

MacintoshMan

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
I feel like the only person that wants an option to purchase the iphone at its original dimensions, back when I could use it with ease with one hand.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Expect credible leaks in late Q1.

I really don't know what to expect from Apple at this stage.

Larger screen seems like the only piece of speculation that will probably be true.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
The only rumor I have ever been 100% sure of:

IF Apple introduces a larger iPhone (and I hope they do) it will be in addition to a falgship model of their "normal sized phone"

Pay more and get a bigger screen, but they are pretty much identical. Just like with the new iPads.

Heltik

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
USA
I would like to see electromagnetic induction charging, completely sealed unit, with waterproof microphone/speakers. Removal of all legacy "wired" connexions, as these simply should not be needed with the latest wifi/bluetooth standards.

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
I have big hands and can barely use the iPhone 5 with one hand, I really hope it doesn't get bigger. Or at least there's a different sized option. Curved display would be nice though, and a new processor as always will be cool.

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Hope a larger screen is not the only thing! I want something mind blowing that will destroy competition much like the original iPhone did (in my opinion)

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Slightly bigger screen size would be great. But only slightly, I don't want a monstrosity in my hands or pockets.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
No way. The "tomorrow will be like today" prediction is the right one most of the time; too bad it's boring and doesn't draw page views.

Anyway, my prediction: Same 5" screen, but brighter or something. More battery life. Thinner. Industrial design will be an evolution of the current look and feel. Better camera, 3 LED flash. 16GB, 32GB, 64GB options.

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse
Unlike the the article, I don't think next year's mid-tier likely to be called 6c. (Apple release 5c alongside 5s, not 5. So, it seems more like to be called 5sc or something similar.) Also, the mockup showed a home button instead of TouchID. :p (Don't think that likely to be removed from the next gen.)

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Mac Rumors presents a piece on iPhone 6. What do they expect?

That it will have a faster and more effecient A8 chip. That's right, they believe that the new iPhone will be faster.

You heard it here, first, folks!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
A post of this manner seems a little silly this early. But I am looking forward to a bigger screen, I do have Android envy when I see people with nice big screens. But Android itself is insufferable. Give me a 5"-6" iPhone and I'll be happy happy!

suprakc

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Utah
iPhone 6 huh...

PLEASE NO.

Maybe in 9 months. That mockup looks like crap too, so let's not get all talkity about it until it looks real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.