Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

green tea

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2008
But, but, Apple told us 3.5" was the perfect size. Then they said 4" is the perfect size screen :rolleyes:

gregwyattjr

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
I don't even think Apple knows what the next iPhone is gonna be like this early in the game.

gregwyattjr

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
But, but, Apple told us 3.5" was the perfect size. Then they said 4" is the perfect size screen :rolleyes:

Yeah. I still think the size of the iPhone 4 (while holding it in my hand) was PERFECT. I appreciate the larger 4" screen on the 5 and 5s, but it just doesn't rest in my hand as comfortably as the 4 did. I have to shift the phone in my hand to tap buttons in the top left corner of the screen and while it's not a deal breaker, I certainly loved the feeling of the iPhone 4.

That being said, I can't imagine an even LARGER phone in my hand. I think that'd be dreadful.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
I have big hands and can barely use the iPhone 5 with one hand

Then you don't have big hands. I have average hands and can easily operate it with one hand. My wife has small hands and has no issue operating with one hand.

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Credibility of this roundup: 0... until they add "improved camera" to Specs.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
This feels like when the national media started talking about the 2016 US Presidential election just a short while after the election in 2012.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
If it comes with a screen the size of my nexus 4 I will think about returning, if it keeps the small screen and the feminine form factor of the 5S then I'll pass once again.

Penn Jennings

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Michigan
I would like to see electromagnetic induction charging, completely sealed unit, with waterproof microphone/speakers. Removal of all legacy "wired" connexions, as these simply should not be needed with the latest wifi/bluetooth standards.

A wireless only device is a MAJOR PITA when it bricks.... and when you sell 10's of millions of iPhones, thats a lot of bricks.

Not to mention, a plug is just such a fast, simple, cheap and the most reliable option that removing it just wouldn't make sense.

cppguy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
SF Bay Area, California
The iPhone 5 is already pushing my pockets. If Apple creates a larger phone, they'll keep offering the current size as well. No doubt that some people want as large as possible, but at the same time, many of us want something comfortable to pocket. There should be at least two different devices, to satisfy both camps.

icrew

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2003
Change in resolution

For some reason, MR seems continually continually concerned about the fact that the iPhone 6 might require a resolution change, and that that could be as problematic as the iPhone 4s to iPhone 5 transition. I just don't see it. The reason the iPhone 4s to 5 transition was a bunch of work was because it was a change in screen aspect ratio not screen size. If Apple keeps the iPhone 6 at a 16:9 aspect ratio--and I haven't heard any contradictory rumors--then iPhone 5 apps will continue to run and look just fine. The only difference is that the iPhone5 apps might be ever so slightly fuzzier, but one of the benefits of a retina display is that that would be really very hard to notice.

My prediction is that Apple will likely follow the crowd to a 1080p screen, at either 469ppi (4.7" screen) or 400ppi (5.5" screen), or both.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I'd like a 4,5 or 4,7 inch display on the next iPhone. And I wish they keep the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Bigger (and lighter?) battery, thinnest form factor... And the A8 being twice as fast as A7 and being more energetically efficient.

Thats what I want from Apple.

And also a notification LED, but I know that's impossible with Apple.
Or any other kind of Notification (via iWatch, via Mac, via neuro-implant... whatever)

----------

I don't even think Apple knows what the next iPhone is gonna be like this early in the game.

I think the same, I believe Apple is testing a lot of different prototypes right now. Very similar prototypes, though, with subtle different screen sizes.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
If they really come out with an bigger iPhone screen - I hope they also make that same model with the current screen size. I get it that some people want/need bigger screens - but I don't want to have an oversized phone, I like the current size. It would be nice to have the choice (and one of the choices not being last years model)

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
I feel like the only person that wants an option to purchase the iphone at its original dimensions, back when I could use it with ease with one hand.

How about giving users a choice? They're not going to shrink back to the pre-5 size, but offer the current one AND a larger one. I just had a Galaxy Note 3 for a few weeks and it was so great! Big screen and still fit in my pocket. Could pair with BT keyboard and mouse to act as a tiny laptop! My 5s seems so tiny now.

OC40

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Chicago, IL
Yeah. I still think the size of the iPhone 4 (while holding it in my hand) was PERFECT. I appreciate the larger 4" screen on the 5 and 5s, but it just doesn't rest in my hand as comfortably as the 4 did. I have to shift the phone in my hand to tap buttons in the top left corner of the screen and while it's not a deal breaker, I certainly loved the feeling of the iPhone 4.

That being said, I can't imagine an even LARGER phone in my hand. I think that'd be dreadful.

I agree with everything that you just stated.

delnerdo

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2011
Wish list:

Subwoofer

Graffiti handwriting recognition

Blackberry keyboard

Cortical interface

micropig

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
Better battery life?

Probably not going to happen...once battery life for a device has hit the limit of what people will tolerate (usually a day for a phone), it takes a back seat to other improvements. Look at the iPad Air...the processor is more efficient, but they used that to shrink the battery and reduce weight rather than increase the battery life.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
stop making things thinner, bigger, or faster.. Let's make the iPhone battery last 1 full day with lots of usage.

deluxeshredder

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
A post of this manner seems a little silly this early. But I am looking forward to a bigger screen, I do have Android envy when I see people with nice big screens. But Android itself is insufferable. Give me a 5"-6" iPhone and I'll be happy happy!
I think iOS 7 is insufferable.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
It's too early.
wait4january.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.