Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanflucas

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
Personally, I'd like to see this rule slightly altered. Example: 6 months on this forum to view the marketplace forum, 6 months + 250 posts to create your own marketplace threads. I understand the whole needing enough rep to sell, but what about strictly buying items? I would need to send the money first in 99%, if not all transactions anyway so what is the harm in allowing viewing-only rights and purchasing via private message?

There's got to be people on here besides myself that are just not going to reach a 250 post minimum in a short amount of time. Does that make us any less involved in this community? In the short term, yes, but even viewing this site is bringing in traffic. I'm not going to post random comments to achieve post counts, and I don't create topics because the majority of the info I'm trying to obtain is already on here and easily found by searching.

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
Same here, often queries I've had have already been covered so I will struggle to hit 250 posts too. I suspect quite a few of the threads I have created with queries is for stuff already covered or i could've found of I searched a little more carefully.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Personally, I'd like to see this rule slightly altered. Example: 6 months on this forum to view the marketplace forum, 6 months + 250 posts to create your own marketplace threads. I understand the whole needing enough rep to sell, but what about strictly buying items? I would need to send the money first in 99%, if not all transactions anyway so what is the harm in allowing viewing-only rights and purchasing via private message?

There's got to be people on here besides myself that are just not going to reach a 250 post minimum in a short amount of time. Does that make us any less involved in this community? In the short term, yes, but even viewing this site is bringing in traffic. I'm not going to post random comments to achieve post counts, and I don't create topics because the majority of the info I'm trying to obtain is already on here and easily found by searching.

This topic and argument has been brought up before and the rules for the Marketplace will stand as they are. It works well for us and keeps problems to a minimum. The Marketplace is a perk for established members, as per the requirements, and not the sole purpose of being for MacRumors.

It's not difficult to obtain 250 posts. Find a topic that you have some interest in and join it. For example check out our 'Notable Community Threads' thread for popular topics and threads to join.

If you find something in there you like and choose to participate, others will get to know you better and before you know it you'll have post count requirement necessary to enter and use the Marketplace.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Hey so I'm looking for a website where I can market my iPhone 4/5 LCD Digitizers... Obviously with Admin permission but Im looking for sites I can post since I just bought a wholesale lot of over 500 Brand new screens.

Please let me know what sites have a marketplace forum.. Im already lowest price on ebay and amazon and trying to move more

Thanks!

The marketplace is for personal transactions, not a venue to do business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.