Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Reeder has any function to import (mass) feeds?
I 've already exported my feeds in an xml file from google reader.
But, how can I import it to Reeder?

Otherwise, can somebody please tell me a mac rss application who can import all my feeds from a file?

Just sign in to Google Reader when you first run Reeder and it will bring in all your feeds. You will need to sign in to GR anyway for Reeder to work. Reeder cannot import an XML/OPML file.

If you want a stand alone RSS app that can import an XML/OPML file, I know Newsrack, NetNewsWire, Vienna, and Caffeinated can all do this.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

I decided to try Reeder.
I gave my google credentials when I opened Reeder, and instantly loaded my google reader rss feeds!

My question is: does it depends on google reader now? Or it was only for the first time?
Google reader will stop its service in July 1st.
Should I make a new login with Reeder?
Will it play with this google reader account in the future?
Does it need it to load rss from there, or just to import feeds for just once?

Stop thinking so hard.

Reeder is the front end, Google Reader is the back end. According to the Reeder developer, he'll have a solution by the time Google Reader is gone.

If what you use now isn't working, just wait a bit. There will be Google Reader alternatives in a few weeks/months.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Does these readers 'download' any stuff in hard disk?
I took a look in Vienna, I did not find any 'cache' or something like that.
I don't wanna end up with a heavy and cumbersome application.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Does these readers 'download' any stuff in hard disk?
I took a look in Vienna, I did not find any 'cache' or something like that.
I don't wanna end up with a heavy and cumbersome application.

They all cache some data on your drive. But you can configure how many days of articles you want to store. It really does not take that much space for it to be a concern though.

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
Personally, I love ReadKit! It integrates with Feedly and has a clean layout. Well-done and not too fancy. On my iPhone I swear by Newsify.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Just deleted REEDER on my mac. Love the IOS app, but seems the developer has abandoned MAC support. What a shame

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.