Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chkw13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
So I just switched to a Macbook from a PC and I synced by iPhone to the itunes on here for the first time. I authorized this computer and I synced all songs.
However, around 200 of my 1000 songs are showing up like
cC0lZ.png

They all play on my iTunes, but after I sync, some of the songs are greyed out and haven't been synced, though the song information seems to have.
Anyone know the problem?

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
So I just switched to a Macbook from a PC and I synced by iPhone to the itunes on here for the first time. I authorized this computer and I synced all songs.
However, around 200 of my 1000 songs are showing up like Image .

They all play on my iTunes, but after I sync, some of the songs are greyed out and haven't been synced, though the song information seems to have.
Anyone know the problem?

I've read about people having this problem, although I've never run into it myself. Some folks had success with killing all open apps and re-syncing (which I'm assuming you've done), others with rebooting the phone, and yet others with buying a free app from the App Store and then re-syncing.

::shrug::

----------

If you get it figured out though, I'm interested in knowing what ends up working.

borisiii

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
I had this when I synced my phone using iTunes wifi sync and I closed my laptop halfway through. Connecting it by USB and manually clicking sync solved it.

chkw13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I had this when I synced my phone using iTunes wifi sync and I closed my laptop halfway through. Connecting it by USB and manually clicking sync solved it.

I am doing it this way and it doesn't work :(

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I recently had this issue after I moved from an IP4 to IP4S. My iCloud sync half finished restoring my stuff then it was time to go home from work, so I finished everything with an iTunes sync. I think it got confused at some point. The only way I fixed it was by backing up and restoring.

rosemary1

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
Your songs just haven't completely synced to your phone. The "image" of the songs it's supposed to have has synced, but the actual MP3s have not. Repeat regular syncs until it gets them all; there should be no need to do a full restore.

BeccaK

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
Transfer All Purchases

Try right clicking on your device under the Devices tab on the iTunes sidebar and clicking on "Transfer Purchases." That worked for me!

micsteel

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Greyed Out Songs Fixed

All my songs were greyed out on my iphone5, played on mac but just stayed on pause on iPhone. Tried a few things which didn't work and finally read to close all open apps on iphone and then sync again. Worked in a jiffy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.