Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Less than a week after experiencing a significant improvement in shipping times for new online orders throughout the world, the iPhone 5s has seen its availability improve once again with models now shipping "within 24 hours" in nearly all of Apple's online stores for countries around the world. The GSM-compatible SIM-free iPhone has also improved to a shipping estimate of 3-5 business days.

shippingestimates5s24hours.png
Following the launch of the iPhone 5s, supplies were significantly constrained, especially for silver and gold models. Shipping estimates slipped to 7 to 10 days hours after the phone was released and then slipped further to two to three weeks for an extended period of time. The rapid improvement in availability indicates that Apple is quickly reaching supply-demand balance for the iPhone 5s three months after its debut.

According to reports, Apple has significantly ramped up its iPhone 5s production over the course of the last month while cutting back on iPhone 5c production, which has resulted in improved supplies in time for the Christmas holiday.

In-store supplies of the iPhone 5s are also reported to be nearing 100% availability, with all colors and capacities of the phone available for immediate pickup at many of Apple's retail locations across the United States.

Last week, Apple also released shipping deadlines to ensure customers receive gifts by December 24. According to the guidelines, the iPhone 5s must be ordered by midnight December 18 to arrive ahead of Christmas.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours in Nearly All Countries

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
So sweet.....this isnt a rumor, 5S is old news. Find something better to report MC.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I would hope so by now. But this will help with the Christmas shoppers knowing they can get the gifts for the holidays.

yossi

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
It never stops amazing me that apple charges $200 for 48gb of storage. You can literally buy two 16gb phones for what you pay to upgrade the storage on one..

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
It never stops amazing me that apple charges $200 for 48gb of storage. You can literally buy two 16gb phones for what you pay to upgrade the storage on one..

No you can't... Unless you mean you're signing another contract. The 16 gb costs $649 (I think) and the 64 costs $849. So yes, a lot more, but nowhere near twice the full retail price of the 16 gb.

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
I'm sure this means that demand has tanked. Apple is Doomed! :rolleyes:
If you're a fanboy it just means they've managed to achieve the near impossible task of ramping up production to meet demand. Go Apple! :apple:

If you're a realist, it means production is at full capacity and the initial surge of gotta-have-it-now buyers is done.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Serious Question: How well can humans perform this task?

In other works if I ask a human a question of the type I might ask Siri, how often would my question be misunderstood? The human might answer wrong or he might say "I didn't hear" or something. I bet the normal human performance is well below 90%

It's not that we are dumb or don't listen. It's normal in conversation to misunderstand and ask for clarification. We say "What?" quite a bit. Teachers almost always know to say things three or more different ways. I'd bet most peole would score below the 90% level

It could be possible for Siri to beat humans in this game.

----------

No you can't... Unless you mean you're signing another contract. The 16 gb costs $649 (I think) and the 64 costs $849. So yes, a lot more, but nowhere near twice the full retail price of the 16 gb.

All Apple would need to do is have a slot for a micro SD card. Then people could buy flash at retail prices. Not having a slot is due entirely to greed. Apple simply wants your money.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
[/QUOTE]All Apple would need to do is have a slot for a micro SD card. Then people could buy flash at retail prices. Not having a slot is due entirely to greed. Apple simply wants your money.[/QUOTE]

Not having a slot is totally by design and what they want the user experience to be.

The iPhone is a closed piece of equipment only with an opening for recharging.

Adding an SD card means putting something inside that requires contacts and a slot to read the card, is an opening that could get damaged by careless consumers, they use bad media, blame Apple and it may make the iPhone thicker or there simply is already little space left, etc., etc.

Apple designs it products the way it wants and your only choice is to buy or not to buy.

Yes, they want to make money, but in their design process chances are that savings from offering SDs vs. their memory offerings are minute.

I have also been waiting for increased capacity of the iPone 128GB etc., but for now it doesn't exist, so I'll wait.

If any of what they offer is not what you want, wait or buy something else.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Thanks MacRumors! Now that I read the news you posted, I went out and bought a Silver 64GB 5s and a Silver 32GB 5s. Now waiting or worrying about when it will get here...just picked them up and am finalizing things on iTunes as I type this.

Good stuff,
Bryan

Just1BadApple

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
If you're a fanboy it just means they've managed to achieve the near impossible task of ramping up production to meet demand. Go Apple! :apple:

If you're a realist, it means production is at full capacity and the initial surge of gotta-have-it-now buyers is done.

Relax, I was being sarcastic. Supply on shelves means more impulse purchases. When I was in an AT&T store soon after the 5S release, several people came in wanting the new iPhone. They were told it would have to be ordered. They left with Android phones.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sure this means that demand has tanked. Apple is Doomed! :rolleyes:

Maybe it was fun for people to say Apple is doomed to show off their impressive sarcasm skills at some point, but now it's getting freaking annoying. I wish people would stop saying it over and over. Then again, if you keep saying it, at some point in the future, it could turn out to be true.:D

----------

Relax, I was being sarcastic. Supply on shelves means more impulse purchases. When I was in an AT&T store soon after the 5S release, several people came in wanting the new iPhone. They were told it would have to be ordered. They left with Android phones.

If they left with Android phones, it probably had more to do with them wanting a larger screen than the availability of the iPhone at the store since ordering online is no big deal for most people. In other words, bring on the iPhone 6 with a bigger screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.