Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
A friend of mine has an Intel iMac "Late 2006" with OS X 10.6.8 and iTunes 10.7 and an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.01. According to Apple's iPhone specs it should be possible to sync from this Mac to this iPhone via iTunes. It does work with apps and music but it does not work with contacts. The contacts are stored on the Mac in the default 10.6.8 "Addressbook" application. The iPad is connected to the iMac with a cable. Automatic syncing has been disabled in iTunes.

In iTunes (Devices - iPad - Info) "Sync Contacts" is checked and after clicking onto "Apply" a sync is set in motion but when it has finished no contacts are in "Contacts" on the iPhone. We tried this with and without having in iTunes under Advanced the option "Replace information on this iPhone: Contacts" checked. The result is always the same - no contacts on the iPhone.

Does anybody have any idea what is going wrong here and what needs to be done to get the contacts synced?

Thanks!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
According to Apple's iPhone specs it should be possible to sync from this Mac to this iPhone via iTunes.

Better provide a link so we can see those specs.

My experience with Apple, they kind of want you to keep updating to the latest stuff. Unlike Windows, which many Apps still work with XP, a over 10 years old OS.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
I started this thread more than one year ago. It is kind of obsolete now, at least for me. I don't remember exactly what we did to solve this - it was probably either updating to OS X 10.7 or going the Google route.

----------

Better provide a link so we can see those specs.
Since iCloud works only with OS X 10.7 and up you have to use iTunes for any kind of synchronizing with OS X 10.6, and the details are described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I started this thread more than one year ago. It is kind of obsolete now

Hopefully Mr. Junkman got something out of this.

Google Contacts, giving Google more data, and data of my acquaintances? Call me paranoid, not if I can help it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.