Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I can't find the log out button. I want to sign in as a different user.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I see. I was looking for 'log out' I guess that's why I didn't see the 'sign out'

Ahammer

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
They try to hide it

You CAN sign out of the app. But YouTube/Google are sneaky and make it hard to figure out because they want to track everything you do in YouTube and signing out prevents them from doing that.

To sign out from YouTube on iPad
1) Tap your account name in left panel
2) Select 'Use YouTube without a Google Account'' at the bottom of the pop up panel

Note, instead of just calling it a "Sign out" button, not only do they name it something vey dull, but they also go to such an extreme as to change its appearance to not even look like a button. Looks like if you tapped on it you would be reading some instructions or a boring EULA text. So basically, it's a deliberate attempt to subvert their users' efforts to simply log out by making you confused and frustrated enough to either give up and let them continue tracking every video you watch, or to make you resort to the Internet for answers on pages like this. Google sucks. So much for their "Do No Evil" motto. This kind of obfuscation is pure evil stuff.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Is it even more insidious on a laptop, every time I gmail and forget to sign off, am permanently identified by Google it tracks what I am doing, send those information to vendors and in short order am being spam. Evil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.