Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agressivemac

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
I'm glad it works. Unfortunately, I'm just a user who spent a few hours on fixing this issue a few months ago, but don't really have experience on anything besides what I had to deal with myself. So don't put your hopes too high. ;)

About the pdfs: I'm not sure whether this is an issue of the pdfs themselves or still something wrong with the printer drivers, so here's another few questions that will hopefully help you track the problem:

Does the pdf file show fine in the preview before printing?
If you print/save the pdf to another pdf, will that work fine?
And will printing the pdfs work on another printer?

I hope you can deny at least one of these questions, otherwise it's still the drivers, I'd say.

Regardless, thanks for helping me with troubleshooting.
The pdfs always display perfectly on the preview.
So I checked to see if the pdf files I created printed out. They in fact do. I checked to see if printing from the internet works. That does too. So I've narrowed down the problem to the pdf's that I receive from work that are the only ones that print out blank pages. WEIRD. Further, the pdfs I receive from work print perfectly fine on the Windows desktop PC to the ricoh copier. It's just not working on my computer! :mad:

gijigogo

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Thanks BUT...

Hi,

This method worked great for me, unfortunately it is EXTREMELY SLOW. I see that a few people have complained about this issue. Anyone have a potential solution for this?

Thanks!

coryharrison

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to not print in color? Only print in greyscale? I have the generic driver installed but there is no option to make it not print in color.

akewldewd

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2013
Hi,

I could be wrong, but I think you need the PS (Postscript) option for this printer for it to be able to print from a Mac. I do know the option is very expensive :eek: & didn't come as standard. If you print out the config page from the MPC2500 it will be listed as an option if you have it.

On Ricoh's web site it lists an PPD Installer for OSX 10.6 is this the driver ?

Good Luck

I am a copy tech who works on ricoh. you need the ps3 unit to print from mac.

CamilleParis

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Thank you

Thanks. It seems to have worked, but then when I print, the queue keeps pausing itself. Any help is appreciated. I'm printing to a Ricoh MP C2500 by the way.

Thank you so much guys! I'm french and also working in a non-profit organization, and I've been designated as the IT girl because like you I know a little bit more than they do.

I have been looking for a way to print from my Mac on a Ricoh Printer 4000, unsuccessfully until I found this conversation. I can now print and focus on other issues ;)

Have a nice day! Cheers

jamessezhi

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
Ricoh Aficio MP C3002

Any tips on how to print via Postscript to the Ricoh Aficio MP C3002 ?

Many thanks,

James

aph3x

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Reno, NV
I just want to chime in here and let people know that you CAN find the postscript cards for your printers on eBay for a fair price.

I've gotten 2x 3260 cards (for large Ricoh/Savin/Lanier) copiers for about $30-50/ea and one for my 4540 copier for about $85.

Once you have the card you actually just need to merge the code on the new card with the existing card and then you're good to go.

I talked to a Ricoh employee that let me know that some unscrupulous resellers a few years ago would pop the PS cards out of the printers before delivery and then sell them back to the buyer/lessee to make more money. 2 out of our 3 printers should have come with these cards.....

puri7

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2014
I can't print, I'm desperate !

Hi,
I have also a ricoh aficio mp c2500 in my school (without postscript 3 card). I want to print from a Macbook Air (Mavericks 10.9.1). All the other computers are windows. I tried with pxlmono, footmatic and ghostscript, but I think ghostscript is not working well, I don't know how to complete the installation in the computer.
Could you help me ?
PS. Excuse me for my unproperly English but I'm from Spain.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,
I have also a ricoh aficio mp c2500 in my school (without postscript 3 card). I want to print from a Macbook Air (Mavericks 10.9.1).
Gutenprint will work. http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net
Text quality is inferior to what you'd get with the real Postscript option but it will allow you to print.
Also, update to 10.9.2, it has important security updates.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is text quality very bad ? I need to print worksheets for my students and the appearance is important.

It's certainly quite readable, just not quite as high resolution as the postscript card will offer.

akli522

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
UPDATE- Works on Mac OSX 10.9.3 September 2014

Hello,
This is just an update regarding the fix posted here. I can verify that it has worked on a new Imac running OSX 10.9.3. on September 8, 2014.

we have a Ricoh 2500 that is networked here in the office.
I first tried the drivers on the Ricoh site, but it would simply print some code and then blank pages until the tray was empty.

Thank you very much for the solution!!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hello,
This is just an update regarding the fix posted here. I can verify that it has worked on a new Imac running OSX 10.9.3. on September 8, 2014.

we have a Ricoh 2500 that is networked here in the office.
I first tried the drivers on the Ricoh site, but it would simply print some code and then blank pages until the tray was empty.

Thank you very much for the solution!!

I also give you a clue for all networked printers that even most office techs don't even know about. So if your networked printer has a IP from your network then put that printer IP in your favorite browser address bar and then it will go to that printer's wiki web page were you can manipulate that printer and even in some models print out the last printed jobs.

Plus learn about CUPS interface in OS X for printing setup in Unix that is in OS X.

Last edited:

MarXOS

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2015
Success!

Finally i have an answer that will work takes about 5 mins and costs nothing.

Download the following in this order and install from here:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/pxlmono

Ghostscript for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
Foomatic-RIP for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
pxlmono 1.6 for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)

Once installed add your printer and use the following driver Ricoh Aficio MX C2500 PXL and you should have a fully working colour printer:;)

Good luck and enjoy.

These work for Yosemite 10.10.1 jusy got the RICOH MP2000 printing correctly though you have to do a right click and select OPEN

Sneddoh

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Success!

Finally i have an answer that will work takes about 5 mins and costs nothing.

Download the following in this order and install from here:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/pxlmono

Ghostscript for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
Foomatic-RIP for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
pxlmono 1.6 for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)

Once installed add your printer and use the following driver Ricoh Aficio MX C2500 PXL and you should have a fully working colour printer:;)

Good luck and enjoy.
[doublepost=1473899216][/doublepost]I know some time has passed but i was faced with this same problem where my MAC will not print to the RICOH printer. When I try to install the Ghostscript after down load - I get the error saying there was no software to download. the other 2 files downloaded and installed no problem. Printer still does not work!!!!

rjs13

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016
Calif.
[doublepost=1473899216][/doublepost]I know some time has passed but i was faced with this same problem where my MAC will not print to the RICOH printer. When I try to install the Ghostscript after down load - I get the error saying there was no software to download. the other 2 files downloaded and installed no problem. Printer still does not work!!!!
Having same problem, Ghostscript wont load, any help much appreciated...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.