Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Here's my Gucci Monogram w/retractable money clip bar. I love it very durable although its showing its age. By now most my old cheap wallets would have holes at the corner folds, seam glue transfering onto my cards making them sticky etc. Nope not this wallet....

b340cab1.jpg

915950f9.jpg

757177ac.jpg

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
yo

I very rarely use cash so I tend to keep a good selection of cards with me. My main cards are Amex Centurion, Diners Club charge card and a normal HSBC visa. All are personal cards except for the Santander account.

that centurion looks different than mine....hmmm...

bobpensik

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2003
Calgary, AB
Because they tend to last longer and have a warranty, unlike many of the $20 or less ones, plus they have a resale value. Honestly, that is my only reason for buying expensive stuff like that. I have two really like $100 bags. One for just regular errands, another as my school bag. They'll probably last me another 5 years because they're made of quality and durable material. My dad had a wallet made of authentic leather that he bought in the early 90's last him maybe like 10 years.

It's better to spend that kind of money to keep your money in it than to spend a measly $5 on something you're going to have to replace every few months or every year and waste your time emptying and putting things back in order again. Buy cheap food, cheap paper, cheap ink, etc, etc, but don't buy cheap kitchen appliances, furniture, or wallets. You shouldn't have to think about most of those things in the first place.

I generally agree with this type of thinking, except when you can buy a $30 wallet which has a 100 year warranty and better quality leather then most other wallets.

Saddleback leather (I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet) makes great quality wallets. I like simple card cases so I use the Leather Wallet Sleeve for $12 or the ID Wallet for $30. Best money I've spent on a wallet

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Products/Wallets

CLC-WSV-DCB-SLC02r1B-1900.jpg

CLC-WSV-DCB-SLC01r1B-1900.jpg

CLC-WID-CH-SLC02r1B-1900.jpg

CLC-WID-CH-SLC01B-1900.jpg

Biggs88

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2012
I love your wallet. What kind of wallet is it? Have a link to it?

It's handmade in a small town outside of tokyo by a blind man. He makes one wallet a month to cover his living expenses. They can run upwards of 500,000,000 Yen.

Naaaa! :D

It's just a cheap Merona from Target.

Can't find a link, srry. It was like $12.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
It's handmade in a small town outside of tokyo by a blind man. He makes one wallet a month to cover his living expenses. They can run upwards of 500,000,000 Yen.

Naaaa! :D

It's just a cheap Merona from Target.

Can't find a link, srry. It was like $12.

You had me going for a second, I was about to google that.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Why do people like to have a wallet that costs like $250+ Personally i see it as a way of showing status, like hey watch me with an gucci,LV or whatever luxery brand. I have no pic but i have a cheap €5 wallet.

Love the brand but the quality is better. They last much, much longer. And the style will never go out and resale value is good too.
I'd rather have ONE nice designer purse, than 110 cheap purses sitting around.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Does the job

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 247

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Post your Wallet

I'm currently searching the net for a minimalistic wallet. Why not see what my tech friends are using also?

Post a picture of your wallet here (also, please blur out any confidential information).

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
This is the wallet I currently carry:

Boconi Slimster

If you're looking for a minimalist wallet I highly recommend it. It doesn't carry many cards though so you have to choose wisely which credit/loyalty cards you want. It has worked very well for me so far though!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I wish I could, and can't wait until I can, keep a truly minimalist wallet. But for now I have a Keen Harvest III in green.

I like it because it fits what I need it to, is made from repurposed material (old airbags,) and is made locally to me.

Until I can get down to only having to carry an ID and one card, with everything else being electronic on my phone, I think this is what I will have. I also have an older generic leather wallet that started to burst at the seams due to too much stuff. I did like it because it had a pull-out "minimalist ID wallet" that was just two sides. (Could be this one...) When I could be truly minimalist, I would keep ID in one side of the removable bit, credit card on the other side, and a few bills folded up behind one or both sides. When I needed the full set of cards, I carried the whole thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.