Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, Apple released its 12 Days of Gifts app, expanding the annual content giveaway to include the United States for the first time. While the giveaway runs from December 26 through January 6, Apple today is offering an additional bonus giveaway of "No Better" [iTunes Store], the new single from Lorde. The iTunes single includes both the song itself and a video for her hit song "Royals".

12_days_lorde.jpg
Apple's "12 Days of Gifts" giveaway will offer users samples of a variety of content, including songs, apps, books, movies from across Apple's digital stores.

Article Link: Apple's '12 Days of Gifts' App Delivers Early Bonus Song and Video from Lorde

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I'm sorry but you guys are actually late on this. I believe they did started this on the 12th or 13th

Last edited:

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
I'm sorry but you guys are actually late on this. I believe they did started this on the 12th or 13th

The app came out on that day I've been checking the app everyday since then and this Lorde gift just started today as I checked yesterday and there was nothing there.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Yaaay. I am enjoy Lorde.

But what is it with apps that ask when you first open them "would you like for this app to give notifications" and then ignoring your yes or no?

'Angry Birds Go' - no, I don't want notifications from you. But I still have to go into the settings and fix that myself after I keep getting reminders to play even though I told them "no".

'12 Days of Gifts' app - yes! I would like notifications from you! I never received a notification about this, but they're all set to appear that I should.

----------

First music vdeo i've ever downloaded... So how do I view in horizontal mode without the album artwork appearing?

Check in your Videos app rather than your Music app. :)

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
The app came out on that day I've been checking the app everyday since then and this Lorde gift just started today as I checked yesterday and there was nothing there.

I'm in New York that's why I said that because I downloaded it last week but I guess it's now appearing for everybody else

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Ironic that we now get a free download of the song used in Samsung's Gear ad.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Just a side note not all countries are receiving the same thing. Here in Lebanon we are receiving an app.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 178

archimonster

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2013
Can anyone post a link to the song and video. I can't get it because I can't download the app on my iOS.

mac.fly

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2008
UK
Hi,

Is it possible to download the free gifts without iOS device via iTunes on my Mac?

I don't have an iPad at the moment. (Last year this was possible.)
Many thanks.

sieteocho

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2013
Euhh...so did anyone else download the single and have it disappear on them? I can't even find it in the iTunes Store anymore, nor in my purchase history (even though I listened to it a couple different times after I downloaded it), nor can I find anything about it being pulled or removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.