Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the final version of OS X 10.9.1, after seeding several betas to developers beginning in November. The last version of the beta, build 13B40, was distributed to developers on December 3 and to AppleCare employees on December 4.

The 10.9.1 update includes improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, improved reliability for Smart Mailboxes, an update to the Shared Links option in the Safari Sidebar, and a fix for a bug preventing VoiceOver from speaking sentences containing emoji. Apple previously introduced additional Mail fixes in a separate Mail update released in early November.

10.9.1.png
This update includes the following fixes:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
OS X 10.9.1 can be accessed via the Mac App Store. Apple has also released a specific version of OS X 10.9.1 designed for the late 2013 13 and 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros with "system specific enhancements" designed to improve stability and compatibility.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.9.1 With Several Mail Improvements

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
But does it fix the Sleep Wake Failure crash that plagues my fairly new work iMac nearly every night? I thought I had fixed it for a few days. I was disabling apps each day until I found the culprit. Finally seemed to stop after I closed out of xScope. Turns out that was a false alarm! Last time I asked about this a mod deleted my message so we'll see what happens. It sucks having to remember to make sure every single thing is saved before going home, and having to reload everything the next day.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
" - Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji"

I cannot wait for the day when VoiceOver and Siri start speaking out Emoji. It will be so uncomfortable.

bramfcool

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
anyone an idea about the "system specific enhancements" for late 2013 macbook pro with retina?

Attachments

• 2013-12-16_22-16-00.png
    2013-12-16_22-16-00.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 636

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm that wake from sleep/BTMM is fixed with this.

undesign

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
Apple needs to abolish avfoundation and bring back compatibility for Perian. That would be a nice update.

Also, many of my icons don't refresh and for some reason when selecting 'open with' for any of my media files, I get the VLC icon showing up TWICE.

bastisk8

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
Launchpad Scrolling is still broken for me.
Overall scrolling still seems more laggy that on Mountain Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.