Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Well, just like the beta seeds did, 10.9.1 renders my 2012 Mac Pro unusable. Guess I'm going to have to install 10.9.0 from my recovery partition yet again. Thanks again, Apple.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Any love for the completely broken Photoshop CC? Blank/White menu bug + keyboard shortcuts not working from time to time bug?

qawsed

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2009
The error messages in console about the keyboard that were appearing in late 2013 rMBPs are now gone on my machine.

jyen

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
Still no unread count showing up in my Mail dock icon. I'm seriously considering dumping Mail and going with Airmail.

I gave up on Mail a while ago. Running Gmail in the browser is good enough for me.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Still have to force quit mail and now my hard drive is making random clicks that it has never made before on my 2 month old mini.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
My update installed, restarted and didn't ask for my password at boot time, file vault2 (Whole disk encryption) on, also went straight to my user picture in the login screen instead of showing all Users, this seems to be new, how convenient, it remembers who was logged in when installing this update, can't remember seeing this on the last 10.9.1 beta.

Finder was already much better in that last beta too, haven't looked around yet if it is even better now, just installed it.

I have FV2 on, and mine did the same thing. Although either a restart or logout afterwards gets me back to the old behavior, so I think this was a one time thing as part of the patch. :confused:

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Still have to force quit mail and now my hard drive is making random clicks that it has never made before on my 2 month old mini.

Sounds like a failing hard drive to me. Won't be 10.9's fault, just unlucky I think.

sharbeen

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Yes gmail bug is totally gone. Trying to refresh I never get my new emails. If I read or delete an email from another device it doesn't get updated on my Mac. And sometimes my outgoing gmail goes offline. All that finally fixed! :) apart from that didn find Amy change but I think finder is little quicker now. And scrolling is little smoother than previous 10.9 for safari. Maybe it's just me.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
After dealing with 10.9 and then going back to 10.8.5, Im not sure if I want to chance wasting more time and energy with 10.9.

:(
I also went back to 10.8.5 because there were issues with 10.9 for my uses. It doesn't look like 10.9.1 fixes the issues I had with Mavericks, so I guess it's back to wait and see what changes and fixes appear in 10.9.2.

brandsteve

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
Would you rather they released 10.9 with more bugs so they could have a more "impressive" list of bugfixes later?

Your sarcasm isn't justified. The reality is there are still a lot of painful Mavericks bugs that aren't fixed. Now we need to hope and pray that Apple fixes them in .2

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
i installed the update and verified that it is not working still... :(
Wow that really blows... luckily I run my Mac server as a VM. I made a snapshot before the upgrade to Mavericks and Mavicks server. Took me no time at all to revert to 10.8.x

Still very disappointing... Hopefully they'll just update the damn server app.

miazma

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
2D Dock

43923770.jpg

Zmijutin

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Anyone else have Filevault enabled, and are you seeing really slow boot times for the initial Password screen to show up?

EDIT: Ok, on both my machines, one w/o filevault, seems the update deselected the startup disk. It's still slow on the filevault machine, but not as bad.

-Kevin

Seems fine for me, nothing slower or faster than the ordinary. Did not timed it tho'.

tgmn

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
This update didn't fix my biggest annoyance: Mail still asks for my iCloud password every day.

Guess I'll go back to using Sparrow then. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.