Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mac_pro_2013_roundup_header-250x141.jpg
Apple today announced that its redesigned Mac Pro will go on sale tomorrow through the company's online and retail stores, as well as select authorized resellers.
Apple today announced the all-new Mac Pro will be available to order starting Thursday, December 19. Redesigned from the inside out, the all-new Mac Pro features the latest Intel Xeon processors, dual workstation-class GPUs, PCIe-based flash storage and ultra-fast ECC memory.

Designed around an innovative unified thermal core, the all-new Mac Pro packs unprecedented performance into an aluminum enclosure that is just 9.9-inches tall and one-eighth the volume of the previous generation.
Pricing for the Mac Pro begins at $2999, with a second stock configuration available for $3999. Apple has yet to announce full build-to-order pricing, but earlier this week we outlined expected retail pricing based on price quotes being offered to some business customers. Based on these quotes, a fully loaded Mac Pro will cost approximately $9999.

Update: Apple CEO Tim Cook has posted a Tweet regarding tomorrow's launch, including a photo of new Mac Pro units on the assembly line in Austin, Texas.
We have begun manufacturing the Mac Pro in Austin. It's the most powerful Mac ever. Orders start tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/Jrd1Gic3Ya - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) December 18, 2013

Article Link: All-New Mac Pro Launches Thursday, December 19 Starting at $2999

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I want one... :( I may have to rob a bank... or sell my soul... anyone want to buy a slightly used and sinful soul?

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Here was me thinking that getting my hands on one of these would be simple, sell Mac Pro 5.1 and buy a 6.1.

Well gosh darn it no-one seems to want my Mac Pro, and plan B is up the spout as I only have one lung left so can't turn to ebay.... :(

Next time perhaps

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
PCie Storage only - IMHO an error

I think Apple have made an error in not putting in any slots/bays for internal conventional or hybrid SATA drives. Many folks don’t want external storage drives connected by cables hanging off their Mac Pro’s. It rather negates the neat design. Our oldest desktop a 2005 dual 2.3 PowerMac needs to be replaced because it will not run up to date software, such as Photoshop CC, Office 2011 and Intego Internet Security. I think I will be looking for a previous model MacPro 8 core ex-demo model at a good price. That way I can just move the 1.5 TB B and C hard discs with all my images and data back up from the PowerMac over to the new machine in seconds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.