Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

2013_mac_pro-250x197.jpg
Apple today released EFI Firmware Update 2.0 for the newly launched 2013 Mac Pro, which improves system reliability during reboot, fixes an issue with memory self-test, and improves graphics power management when using Boot Camp.
Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update v2.0

This update is recommended for all Mac Pro (Late 2013) models.

This update improves system reliability during reboot, resolves an issue with memory self-test, and improves graphics power management when using Boot Camp.
The 5 MB EFI update should be available from the Mac App Store for all late 2013 Mac Pros and it can also be downloaded directly from Apple's Support site.

Article Link: Apple Releases EFI Firmware Update 2.0 for 2013 Mac Pro

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Improves bits of Bootcamp?

Who on earth would sully this thing with a Windows boot partition? :eek:

It's a computer. Computers aren't limited to one operating system.

The first thing I'd do with one is install Windows 8.1 on it.

Then I'd put the real Microsoft Office, 3DMark, and all of my Windows-only games on it.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Already an update? That's reassuring.

It just means they were improving software up until the day it shipped... and they continue to work. That's a good thing.

Microsoft is still trying to fix a bug in XP that's been around for 12 years.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Could be for a Linux partition....not that I think that's any better than a Windows partition #
Actually it is a lot better than Windows. I have to suffer through Windows at work and have run Linux and a Mac else where, believe me Linux with all of its faults is far better.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012

Then I'd put the real Microsoft Office, 3DMark, and all of my Windows-only games on it.

Good luck with a 256 gb ssd.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Actually it is a lot better than Windows. I have to suffer through Windows at work and have run Linux and a Mac else where, believe me Linux with all of its faults is far better.

I prefer my Linux in a VM and let Windows get Boot Camp. Mainly for gaming reasons that Windows gets the honor to have a Bootcamp partition. If there was no Mac, I would be running a Linux as my primary OS. I treat Windows as a game launching OS that also runs the real Microsoft Office.

Would have to add $800 to the Mac Pro to get 1 TB before I use boot camp. I wish you can have 4 bays to put whatever drives you want.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011

Don't be so eager to install 3dmark on this, though. You might be disappointed.

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
what a joke...

Sad that you don't understand the update concept.

Do you see how all OS's receive updates to fix problems. OK. Think about it for a minute. So, it's the same with firmware. Apple developed the firmware some time ago. At some point, it had to go into production. As bugs are found, firmware updates are released. So it's actually a good thing.

Spend some time thinking about this concept. It will make you feel better.

----------

Improves bits of Bootcamp?

Who on earth would sully this thing with a Windows boot partition? :eek:

You really don't understand this? How sad. I need a windows program for work. It runs better with VMWare on a Mac than on a PC. So I need windows. And to have it run alongside the Mac OS is fabulous. I don't understand why his is such a hard concept for you to understand.

----------

I'm downloading it now...

I heard that some guy installed the update on his iMac and its now running faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.