Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Well this all started when I saw a bunch of sales on the iTunes store. I bought The Dark Knight rises, How to train your dragon, Sherlock Holmes bundle and the Bourne Bundle. It has done something to the organization of my movies.

I now have two Bourne Legacies show up one that is completely downloaded and right next to it an iCloud version. Instead of down loading both Sherlock Holmes movies it just did the iTunes extras and I can't download the first movie.

What the heck is going on?

Also movies that I have iTunes extras now show the movie and right next to them the iTunes extras both have the same cover art. :mad:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 9.27.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 9.27.29 PM.png
    923 KB · Views: 127
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 9.28.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-20 at 9.28.54 PM.png
    736.7 KB · Views: 117

Penquin79

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2011
First question is what device did you purchase the movies through? If you bought them through an ATV2 or an older Mac then it would just download the 720p version since it can not play 1080. But it is still available to you in the cloud to download in 1080.

Also check to see if in iTunes preferences you have the keep media folder organized checked. If not check it and let iTunes organize the folder.

Since purchases can always be re-downloaded through the Purchases tab you can always delete the movies and try again. I have both ATV2 and ATV3 in the house, I always make my purchases through my desktop which can handle 1080. Never have a problem. When I go to play a movie downloaded as 1080 on the ATV2 it downloads and adds the 720 version to the media folder.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
First question is what device did you purchase the movies through? If you bought them through an ATV2 or an older Mac then it would just download the 720p version since it can not play 1080. But it is still available to you in the cloud to download in 1080.

Also check to see if in iTunes preferences you have the keep media folder organized checked. If not check it and let iTunes organize the folder.

Since purchases can always be re-downloaded through the Purchases tab you can always delete the movies and try again. I have both ATV2 and ATV3 in the house, I always make my purchases through my desktop which can handle 1080. Never have a problem. When I go to play a movie downloaded as 1080 on the ATV2 it downloads and adds the 720 version to the media folder.

I always purchase and download movies from the same iMac. Deleting the movies and redownloading them does nothing. It still the same jumbled mess.

mpress03

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
I was just going to recommend what Cine did. I had this problem and when I unchecked that it went away. The cloud symbol in the upper right corner is showing you that it can be downloaded from the cloud. You can also delete the copy with the cloud in the corner and they will disappear as well. That's how I was handling this before I found it in the preferences.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Have you tried the List view in the movie section? It shows movies, iTunes Extras and duplicates on separate lines so it's easier to figure out what's what.Turn on the "iCloud Download" column to see what's downloaded or in the cloud. Using right-click -> "Get Info" you can find out the file names of downloaded items. It's possible to have multiple copies of the same movie (iTunes will then append a counter to the base filename).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.