Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
Hi every body
i'm here again with new question:D
I want buy an stylus for my ipad air for take Booklet on college
The following are important:
the stylus be very fast Reaction..... like write with a pen on paper:D
i'ts be very new and have Latest Technology

i can buy just for once and don't possible change or buy another so i want the best for write take note

another tips is i don't buy stylus right now want to buy it in 2 or 3 month later if now on the 2 month later release new stylus say to me please

i'm not very hep but found this one:
TruGlide Apex (thin be new )
Adonit’s Jot Script ( thin old ) this one is very noise:(

'm Waiting for your help
thanks alot

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
after TruGlide Apex i found ipen2 what do you think? suitable for me or not?:confused:

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
There are lots of recent threads about this.

The answer is that it depends - on what app you want to use, what you personally want to do, and what your writing style is.

Right now I'm having great success with the Jot touch 4 and Goodnotes. I also have the jato Script, and while it is nice to have the thin tip, my personal opinion is that unless you always write zoomed, the Script is not yet accurate or consistent enough for a great experience.

I would not hold out for anything innovative and new without letting the bugs get worked out first. Developers have to have time to integrate the sdk for advanced styli, and there are always teething issues.

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
There are lots of recent threads about this.

The answer is that it depends - on what app you want to use, what you personally want to do, and what your writing style is.

Right now I'm having great success with the Jot touch 4 and Goodnotes. I also have the jato Script, and while it is nice to have the thin tip, my personal opinion is that unless you always write zoomed, the Script is not yet accurate or consistent enough for a great experience.

I would not hold out for anything innovative and new without letting the bugs get worked out first. Developers have to have time to integrate the sdk for advanced styli, and there are always teething issues.

i want use the app that record voice at the same time

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
i want use the app that record voice at the same time

The only really good app I know of that records voice at the same time is Notes Plus, which is a neat app with lots of powerful and unique features. For me it's not my go-to app because while the handwriting is great in the zoombox it's not good full-screen. It looks like a great app though if you need voice.

Zoom notes also offers this, I believe, but I can't stand their UI.

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
The only really good app I know of that records voice at the same time is Notes Plus, which is a neat app with lots of powerful and unique features. For me it's not my go-to app because while the handwriting is great in the zoombox it's not good full-screen. It looks like a great app though if you need voice.

Zoom notes also offers this, I believe, but I can't stand their UI.

I agree with you.
i search and found this app they are very cool
Notes Plus
MyScript Notes Mobile
Notability
Unfortunately two below app don't have voice recording:
GoodNotes - Notes & PDF
Note Taker HD

soooooooooo decide is tooooo much hard goods app..... and whats pen??
:(:(:(

iChe

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
France
Personally I use GoodNotes with the Adonit Jot Script. But there are all sorts of alternative. Apps are not too expensive so you can try a few. It's different for the styluses, though most companies can give you a refund if you're not satisfied.

Know that this market is booming, most companies are unveiling styluses with technologies similar to the Jot Script, so you can wait to see what they have to offer.

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
Personally I use GoodNotes with the Adonit Jot Script. But there are all sorts of alternative. Apps are not too expensive so you can try a few. It's different for the styluses, though most companies can give you a refund if you're not satisfied.

Know that this market is booming, most companies are unveiling styluses with technologies similar to the Jot Script, so you can wait to see what they have to offer.

thanks for you help
in your channel i hear you say about TruGlide Apex are you thing it's the best stylus for ipad?

are the stylus scratch ipad air screen?
what the screen protector is the best for the ipad air?
i want don't any effect on retina quality and like use orginal glass .. are the moshi best?

and for apps yes i see goodnotes it's very good but if you want choose another app Which did you choose؟

excuse me for a lot question...
you know i'm live in iran and my country is Boycott
we can not buy everything it's very hard for me to found something and buy so i can't Give back thing i buy so i am very carefully whats i buy and hard to buy because maybe for example i choose a stylus and it isn't in my country so must order to many people maybe maybe maybe they can buy for me and sent to me

and about app it's very hard for me to buy Several app and test them so again it's very important to choose the best
I hope you understand
I'm sorry for the many questions

thanks alot

Last edited:

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Amrtat, don't worry your English is quite understandable.

iChe makes some great videos, so watch those closely. My suggestion, as someone who has tried a few styli, is that you try to figure out what features are important to you and maybe buy a few apps before buying an expensive stylus.

While using those apps, determine how you think you'd like to work. Do you want to be able to write small text on the page as if it were a sheet of paper, or will you be ok with larger text at that size without zooming? Are you ok with writing text via a zoombox?

If you are, the JOt Script is a great stylus. It's easy to use and feels like a real pen. The problem is that it's not, in my opinion, quite as accurate for fine detail as the Jot Touch just yet. There is still a small offset in most apps between the tip and the ink it draws on the screen which prevents me from comfortably using it for fine writing with no zoom.

The Jot Touch is accurate enough to do this in the really good apps and it feels like the ink is coming from the very tip of the pen. I can get the Script to write this way for small periods of time, but it eventually starts giving me some trouble, and it always feels like a relief switching back to the Touch. Goodnotes also supports the shortcut buttons and pressure sensitivity of the Touch which are nice bonuses.

That said there is definitely a disadvantage to having to work around the disc on the Touch. It's removable so it can be easily lost. One replacement is included, but further replacements are expensive.

If I could only choose one right now for handwriting, it would be the Touch, but I'm holding on to the Script as it's support is improving fast.

GRMM

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
The TruGlide Apex looks really good, but let me tell you my experience with stylus and note taking apps.

I really like technology and enjoy testing new apps and stylus, so buying a new app or a stylus is no problem for me. On the other hand a friend is a bit of a show off and also takes notes on her iPad, I told her which stylus I use and which app and she bought them. Some time later I bought a new stylus and she tested it, she told me she liked it better and complaint that why I didn't tell her about that stylus and she also complaint about leaving marks on the screen with her hand while writing. I was able to switch the conversation topic to avoid an awkward moment, but the lesson is:

There are two approaches to new technology:
1. You enjoy testing new technology and are willing to spend time and some money to find the best that fits you. And you are open to change.
2. You just want to have new technology so people can see it (show off).

If you're in approach 1 go ahead, buy the iPad air, try different apps, and don't expect to use one stylus for many years. Expect to use your gadget, app, and stylus for as long as it works great for you.

If you're in approach 2, forget about Apple and get a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The stylus is good, it has palm rejection, and the note taking app that comes is pretty decent. But forget about looking for third party note taking apps because they are all pretty bad.

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
The TruGlide Apex looks really good, but let me tell you my experience with stylus and note taking apps.

I really like technology and enjoy testing new apps and stylus, so buying a new app or a stylus is no problem for me. On the other hand a friend is a bit of a show off and also takes notes on her iPad, I told her which stylus I use and which app and she bought them. Some time later I bought a new stylus and she tested it, she told me she liked it better and complaint that why I didn't tell her about that stylus and she also complaint about leaving marks on the screen with her hand while writing. I was able to switch the conversation topic to avoid an awkward moment, but the lesson is:

There are two approaches to new technology:
1. You enjoy testing new technology and are willing to spend time and some money to find the best that fits you. And you are open to change.
2. You just want to have new technology so people can see it (show off).

If you're in approach 1 go ahead, buy the iPad air, try different apps, and don't expect to use one stylus for many years. Expect to use your gadget, app, and stylus for as long as it works great for you.

If you're in approach 2, forget about Apple and get a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The stylus is good, it has palm rejection, and the note taking app that comes is pretty decent. But forget about looking for third party note taking apps because they are all pretty bad.

woooow thanks my friend
i just buy ipad air nothing else :D;)

amrtat71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
khz
my language is Persian and we write Left to right like arabic
so another important Property is the app support left to right language
Unfortunately IPad currently not available for software testing
thanks alot Friends

Last edited:

GRMM

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
my language is Persian and we write Left to right like arabic
so another important Property is the app support left to right language
Unfortunately IPad currently not available for software testing
thanks alot Friends

There are apps that support left to right writing.

I like notability because it can auto save to Google Drive in PDF format. Note Taker HD is really good because of all the features it has. Penultimate is also a good basic option with the new zoom feature.

Check it those have the left to right feature, another good app is Notes Plus.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
the best stylus is probably adonit jot script.
its has the thinnest tip so far.

That doesn't make it the most precise however. Currently there are other styli that are more precise if not quite so nice to use.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I should update this further, because I've been using the Jot Script more recently and it really is a nice stylus, if not yet perfect. First, there are some physical advantages over the Jot Touch - one - the battery - which is lasting quite nicely - it's great that the Touch uses a built-in battery that charges so quickly - but in many cases, the fact that the Script uses an off-the-shelf battery available most anywhere in the world is an advantage - plus you don't have to keep track of the usb charger that is begging to be lost or left behind. That extends to other aspects of the Touch - you really need to keep track of the disc(s), the cap, AND the charger - whereas the Jot Script is all one piece.

Second, while the Script is still nowhere near as accurate as I would like, I have been using it extensively in Goodnotes, unpaired (which currently has less of an offset) and writing a lot in the zoombox. While there is still some offset, as I've said before, it's less noticeable in the zoombox, and here, the Script has a really great feel. It's not quite like pen on paper, but honestly, like writing in a zoombox vs. on a piece of paper, in some ways, better. It is a very smooth, consistent motion and I like it a lot. While I can switch back to the Touch and write nearly as well un-zoomed, it may be that there is no point. If they can further improve the accuracy, this will become a great stylus.

iChe

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
France
Did you know that the recent GoodNotes update fixes the offset problem? (Just don't yell at me because you have to pay again for GN 4, I'm not the developer. :p)

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Yes, I downloaded Goodnotes 4 the day it was first available. The offset is much better, but still not gone entirely, especially at full page view.

I can't complain about paying again if I want to see quality apps like this continue development. :)

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I use Penultimate and Goodnotes 4. Right now I'm using the Jot Pro and am LOVING it. Great sensitivity and precise when writing. I have a Jot Touch 4 coming via Amazon. Wanted to see if the Bluetooth and buttons will make that much of a difference for palm rejection and workflow. I picked it up on a one-day sale for $72...so great deal. However, the Jot Pro is only $30...and I'm liking it so far. From everything I read about the Jot Script...it's just not ready and doesn't have the functionality of the Touch 4...and lacks some accuracy. That's been my biggest gripe with any stylus I've used...until the Jot Pro. We'll see about the Jot Touch 4.

I use a screen protector as well...but it's a Bodyguardz Pure on my iPad Air. The Zagg Invisibleshield didn't allow for a smooth flow for a stylus...the tempered glass does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.