Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yesterday, Apple began shipping its Mac Pros to waiting customers, with many shipments carrying an estimated delivery date of December 30. As it turns out, Mac Pros are shipping early and are already making it into the hands of customers, with one MacRumors forum user receiving his Mac Pro today.

macpro2.jpg
The 6-core stock Mac Pro was ordered on the West Coast with Next Day Shipping and had a listed delivery date of December 26, but it was delivered early, just ahead of tomorrow's Christmas holiday.

macpro1.jpg
With Mac Pros already reaching customers just a few days after orders initially began, Apple has successfully met its promised December release date for the professional desktop computer.

It appears that all Mac Pros shipped thus far have been the stock configurations, as customized Mac Pros ordered on the computer's release date carried a non-specific "January" shipping estimate.

According to Apple, demand for the new Mac Pro has been "great" and the company expects that "it will take time before supply catches up with demand." Mac Pros ordered today, both stock and custom, have an estimated ship date of February.

Apple's Mac Pro starts at $2,999 for the low-end model, but can be customized with a wide variety of upgrades including additional memory, flash storage, enhanced graphics, and an improved CPU.

A fully loaded 12-core Mac Pro with 64GB of RAM, dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs and 1TB of PCI-e based flash storage retails for $9599 in the United States.

(Thanks, Tom!)

Article Link: First Mac Pros Begin Arriving Ahead of Christmas

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Wow. I don't even want/need one and those photos make me jealous. Sure is a beautiful machine.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I could never justify buying one ( probably only used a fracture of its horsepower) - but damn i want one :(

ZOZO

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2013
Must be nice to be rich...

I'll bet it is! Let him enjoy it and be happy, and hopefully put it to good use. Although, the people buying these aren't necessarily rich. Pros in certain industries, rich or not, need this kind of horsepower.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I'll bet it is! Let him enjoy it and be happy, and hopefully put it to good use. Although, the people buying these aren't necessarily rich. Pros in certain industries, rich or not, need this kind of horsepower.
Correct.

For many, they can be written off as business expenses since they are being used for work purposes, just like a pickup truck or a table saw.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
At least the FW to TB dongle that I ordered at the same time as my new 8 core Mac Pro will be delivered today :D

j0e0

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
Wow can't believe they would just leave a $2000 + package on your doorstep. I would complain :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.