Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has officially started giving away free downloads on its "12 Days of Gifts" app for iOS devices, starting with an exclusive EP from Justin Timberlake made up of four live performances from the 2013 iTunes Festival. Before the official start of the giveaway, the app delivered a bonus song and video from New Zealand singer Lorde.

timberlake_12_days-copy7.jpg
Apple's "12 Days of Gifts" giveaways will run daily from December 26 through January 6 and will offer users samples of a variety of content, including songs, apps, books, movies from across Apple's digital stores.

12 Days of Gifts is a universal app available for free in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Thanks, Luc!

Article Link: Apple's '12 Days of Gifts' App Kicks Off with Justin Timberlake iTunes Festival EP

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
I can't access it either. Still says 1 Day Left, not that I particularly care anymore cause JT.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Heads up for those still on iOS 6: You can download the EP from iTunes for free, you don't need to access it through the app.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Not showing for me either but that's probably because it's not Dec 26 here yet. Still 3 hours to go.

I'm going to pass on this gift. Not a Justin Timberlake fan.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Not showing for me either but that's probably because it's not Dec 26 here yet. Still 3 hours to go.

I'm going to pass on this gift. Not a Justin Timberlake fan.

I think this is actually timezone locked, so you should see it when the clock in your area hits 12. People on the East Coast can go for it! :)

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
The app itself says "if you are in a region with multiple time zones, availability is based on the easternmost time zone in your country".

Might only apply to non-American countries though.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I'm in Texas where its currently 11 PM December 25th and I've got access. And come on how can you all not appreciate JT's great music!

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Pretty bad for a Day 1 gift ... I have to pass :(
Will MacRumors make a new post everyday during the gift period? This news should be stickied and updated daily.

N64

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
Lost Woods
Sorry for sounding ungrateful, but... are we going to get anything that's actually good?

----------

Pretty bad for a Day 1 gift ... I have to pass :(
Will MacRumors make a new post everyday during the gift period? This news should be stickied and updated daily.

I agree about both things.

1DApple

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2013
Wow! Excellent! JT! Tomorrow Facebook Messenger. Then it's gonna be what? Scatman Joe? Macarena? DJ Bobo?

Or maybe Macericks! hmmmm...

Nobody is forcing you to download the or download the free content.
Matter of fact Apple doesn't need to offer you or anyone anything in any way shape or form.

Don't want it don't download it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.