Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruffian829

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I'm having problems getting a specific SD card read by any of my mac devices. I can get the photos to show up on my camera, but when I try to put them onto an ipad via a camera doc or onto a macbook via a card reader, or a macbook pro via the internal card reader, or the camera connected via usb the card can't be read. I'd really like to be able to get the photos off the card. Any ideas?

ETA: my other SD cards read fine on all devices, so I realize its something with the card. I didn't know if there was some way to still get the photos off it.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
I'm having problems getting a specific SD card read by any of my mac devices. I can get the photos to show up on my camera, but when I try to put them onto an ipad via a camera doc or onto a macbook via a card reader, or a macbook pro via the internal card reader, or the camera connected via usb the card can't be read. I'd really like to be able to get the photos off the card. Any ideas?

ETA: my other SD cards read fine on all devices, so I realize its something with the card. I didn't know if there was some way to still get the photos off it.

Is the SD card locked? What format did you use when writing the card?

Ruffian829

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
No it's not locked. And I have no idea- it's my dad's card. He said it worked earlier in his picture viewer thing that he has and then it stopped working. Then we tried it in my computer, his computer, my camera, etc.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
[[ it's my dad's card. He said it worked earlier in his picture viewer thing that he has and then it stopped working. Then we tried it in my computer, his computer, my camera, etc. ]]

Sounds like corrupted data on the card itself. That is to say, nothing that is a "Mac-related" problem.

There are various "photo recovery" apps out there that might be able to help you.

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Can the camera be used as a "card reader"? I've had to do that before where Windows would say the card needed to be formatted, but if I left it in the camera and used a USB cable on the camera I could access it....albeit slower then a traditional card reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.