Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rik1138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Potential JB noob here... Not having experienced any of the well-known joys of jailbreaking, I do have one question that pertains directly to why I'm still on iOS 6 (non JB) :
I absolutely hate how some of the core apps have been butchered...
Is it possible to get the iOS6 version to run (either as a separate app, or actually replacing the iOS7 versions) on iOS7 JB?
Specifically I'm interested in:
Calendar app (iOS 7 ver is absolutely horrible for anyone that actually _uses_ it)
Photos app (more than anything, I want my 'Places' function back and want it to apply to _every_ picture on my phone at once with simple red pins)
Music app (apparently I'm the only one on the planet that views artists names then albums which is gone now, and uses lyrics, which _still_ has bugs)
And maybe the Notepad app (just liked the look better).

I've been looking at 3rd party apps to use instead, but just can't seem to decide if I like any or not... The iOS6 ones were so perfect (imo, or at least I was very used to them), I just want them back just like they were. Anything I disliked about them (like not being able to select 'First Sat of every month' for a repeating calendar event) is still the same in iOS7, so there's no benefit to them... (You know, firm believer of 'If it isn't broken, don't "fix" it' and firm dis-believer of 'Change just for the sake of change'.)

So I guess, basically, the question is- is this possible? Or too much of a hassle to make worthwhile for anyone to do? (I'm willing to experiment myself, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has tried or knows that it just won't work for whatever reason...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.