Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxRool

macrumors member
Original poster
After reading the article on 'G4 cracked to 1ghz', I was inspired to search the net for information on overclocking my machine. http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1034376/web .Apparently ('cause I just learned this) I have a Power Macintosh G4 (sawtooth) edition and I was able to up from 400Mhz to 450Mhz, a rather modest increase. I was rather hoping to achieve 500Mhz. :(

I am curious if any others have been successful with modifying their machines of the same type from 400Mhz to 500Mhz.

I am also considering purchasing the Sonnet Encore/ST G4 Duet (Dual 500Mhz G4 card) I am interested in any others experience with this card .

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Now there's an image:

Mobo all laid out of the frame, keyboard sitting straight on the bench, intercooler pack dumping visible waves of heat. The empty shell propping up the monitor.

Onyxx

macrumors regular
May 5, 2001
1.2?!?

unless you have a constant flow of liquid nitrogen on you tibook, i highly doubt that you have obtained 1.2 ghz. I actually remember something about overclocking a mac color classic to 1 ghz using liquid nitrogen but i cant remember the link. aparently that little guy kicked the crap out of every mac on the market at that time but only did so for about 7-10 minutes before another dose of N was required. But hey, if you have achieved what you say, send us a link with a screen shot of your system profile and some benchmarks along with some pics of how you managed to cool that already toasty machine.
And instructions of course :D

J

Jam samich

Im using quantum mechanics to clock my tibook.

liquid nitrogen is only good for a while.

i dont know how stable my mac is though since there is an uncertianty principle in effect on the quantum level.

J

Jam samich

lol.

what the hell, some how i get the feeling you all dont believe me.

what can i do to prove it to you all?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Re: 1.2?!?

Originally posted by Onyxx
if you have achieved what you say, send us a link with a screen shot of your system profile and some benchmarks along with some pics of how you managed to cool that already toasty machine.
And instructions of course :D
Just exactly that. Benchmarks and System profile data, preferrably with a digital camera so we can see the whole thing as it sits. Harder to fake with a low-ish quality digital pic.

J

Jam samich

oh damn...

didnt read all that...

EXTERNAL.

im a ***** ass.

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
moron

you should read the ebay item more thoroughly he said you could connect an external DVD R drive via firewire not that it was internal, i say this guy is some pee cee weenie trying to get the mac ranks all riled up!

U

Unregistered

Re: moron

Originally posted by davidc2182
you should read the ebay item more thoroughly he said you could connect an external DVD R drive via firewire not that it was internal, i say this guy is some pee cee weenie trying to get the mac ranks all riled up!

yeah i looked at that more closely.

i hate morons like that.

dont ever buy from ***** wads that do that ****.

its like he is using the Billy Gates mentality.

U

Unregistered

overclocking ti667

Originally posted by Jam samich
I have a Tibook 667 that i just clocked to 1.2 ghz.

oh!!!!

great

can you tell me how you do this.

thank you

J

Jam Samich

Re: overclocking ti667

Originally posted by Unregistered

oh!!!!

great

can you tell me how you do this.

thank you

through quantum mechanics my brotha!

i bypassed using liquid nitrogen.

Onyxx

macrumors regular
May 5, 2001
hey i have a 2.4 ghz amiga 2000!!!

to anyone who hasn't gotten this yet: THE ABOVE POST ABOUT A 1.2 GHZ TIBOOK IS ********. thank you.

U

Unregistered

Re: hey i have a 2.4 ghz amiga 2000!!!

Originally posted by Onyxx
to anyone who hasn't gotten this yet: THE ABOVE POST ABOUT A 1.2 GHZ TIBOOK IS ********. thank you.

Now why in the hell would you say that?

Exaclty why is it ********?

Explain please. Becuase im like sitting here freaking the hell out on what I just did to my tibook. Im actually looking at this sucker fly through filters like a mother *****er.

J

Jam samich

I forgot to put my name on the above thread...but that was me.

Okay. ... do you cats actually know about the quantum level on computers?

J

Jam samich

Re: Sir, Photon Torpoodoes: no effect.

Originally posted by mischief
It appears The Dumbass is too dense to be effected. Take us out of here, maximum Geek!:rolleyes:

not dense, honest and real.

seriously. this is AMAZING.

Im waiting for it to crash though because of the quantum level being unstable.

ex: 7 atoms can calculate a basic math problem.

imagine what billions of atoms can calculate and the speed it does it at.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Plain English doofus

Or I'll bring out the yo mommas an make ya cry.

Lay out EXACTLY what you have done. Step by step. Plain english.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.