Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
I downgraded from iOS 7.1 beta 2 to jailbreak my iphone 5s on iOS 7.0.4. Miss testing the betas. Hopefully it doesn't patch the jailbreak.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Currently installing, I'll update this post with my findings!

EDIT:

- New power off slider/animation! I can't take a screenshot but somebody posted a picture. It looks the same on iPad (the slider is just as narrow as on iPhone). The cathode TV-like animation is also gone, now there's only a simple fade out to black.

- Green icons (messages/phone) are now less saturated. Looks better!

- Phone app dialer now has a circular green button and is de-saturated just like the icon. Round red button to end the call too.

- Music app has different repeat/shuffle buttons. It's now more clear when they're enabled.

- You can disable wallpaper parallax when setting it rather than in accessibility. You can now keep zoom animations while having no wallpaper movement animation.

- Keyboard colors for function keys are different. Shift keys for instance are filled instead of just an outline but depending on the background, they may look enabled when they are disabled and the other way around. I was a little confused at first.

- Keyboard letters are now a little bolder and smaller.

- In Spotlight, switching to the numeric keyboard results in my "Search" key (return) going from blue to black. Probably a bug.

Animations and performance otherwise seem identical, accessibility features seem identical, wallpapers are the same and there's still a reference to iOS in the car.

Looks like Apple doesn't like large rounded rectangles anymore! Just circles and small rounded squares.

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Would someone be so kind to see if it works with evasi0n7?

----------

Really? even when beta 3 is out, people can still sign betas 1 and 2 if they want to?

Not sure, but I know people were able to downgrade to iOS 6 for up to a week after iOS 7 was released.

Edit: I was just able to go from 7.0.4 to 7.1 b2 without a problem.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Has anyone else been annoyed by the way pictures are blown up when setting them as wallpaper. I thought it was going to be a bug from 7.0 development cycle but it has never been fixed. :mad:

It's showing how it will look with the parallax effect.

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Does this beta fix the horrible battery life for the people who actually use their phone?

sir1963nz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2012
iOS 7.1 in March?

So another few months of bug riddled mess that is 7.0 for the public?

Apple quality indeed

Yeah the one that is annoying the hell out of me is that it will not remember my password for the proxy server at work, I have to enter it in every day :mad:

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I downgraded from iOS 7.1 beta 2 to jailbreak my iphone 5s on iOS 7.0.4. Miss testing the betas. Hopefully it doesn't patch the jailbreak.

Me too. So many JB tweaks wouldn't work with 7.1.

(I don't miss it that much, plus I get to fiddle with JB stuff. Love VirtualHome. Don't have to push the home button anymore.)

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
On 5S I Had to put in my password to download the update and had to put it in again to install it. Don't recall having to do this before. I didn't have to do it on the iPad Air I just ran the same update on.

toxicfusion

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
New slide to power off screen! :)

New to me anyway :D

tm64.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.