Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesbonnet

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2012
Amazing Book!

How about book recommendations?

I like "HTML & CSS (Design and Build Web Sites)" by Jon Duckett. I recently bought this book based off the strength of it's Amazon reviews, and I can only echo those sentiments. I received this book a few weeks back, and had read it through, cover to cover, in less than two weeks. This is unlike any other textbook I've used: full of colour, succinct yet sufficiently detailed, and teaching readers best practice and compatibility.

If you want a solid understanding of the core concepts of HTML and CSS, this is definitely the book to get.

http://www.htmlandcssbook.com

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
Great Collection

This really is a great collection of links. Glad to see my fave, Dreamhost, is here! Most individuals who want websites/blogs can get by on their own with Tumblr and similar, but it's still useful to have your own domain/email (aside from gmail, hotmail, etc.), I think.

:D

steve12

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
hey.. this is an awesome idea.. I am very happy that you shared this awesome info with us.. I am very excited to started this training... And thanks for it... :)

nitinsankar

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
Lucknow
Hey monke

You have shared very much important and knowledgeable information which must help to development and designer who has just started to his/her career in this field.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Couple of days ago I came across this page, which offers a basic insight in HTML,CSS, CSS3, responsive web design, preprocessors and a little Jquery as well as code semantics and organisation.http://learn.shayhowe.com/

Definitely worth a look, if you want to get an overview what's out there.

Arcsylver

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Chicago, IL
Loving hover.com for my domain registration

Squarespace.com is also great for quick and easy template or custom web hosting.

Both are pay of course but relatively cheap and plenty of discount codes out there to get reduced amounts.

I personally used the twit.tv ones for Macbreak Weekly (code:macbreak) and The Tech Guy (code:techguy).

rechalsophia

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2013
w3schools.com is the best for beginning learn web development... in that,easily understand the coding and brief examples are available

sam051

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2013
Noida
Really this is a good question for beginners because you should be know about your job before doing it. Web development and designing is a good platform for e-commerce platform. You should be read tutorials regarding web development and designing and also use all resources where you can get knowledge. I saw CSS Chopper website which is the wonderful platform for e-commerce outsourcing web development business.

topsint

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2013
These are amazing resource for developers and designers who are the beginners this help to develop skill level by getting perfect guidelines and information through practical examples. This information especially for fresher’s who want to grow further.

Stephen Finch

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
If you guys want to check out the latest trends in the web designing visit http://www.nariel.com . It uses the current web design methods in the site. After looking over the wed development coding concepts, try to learn about the web design methods.

trenthanover

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
Really nice.happy to find this sort of information and resources as someone who is trying to learn web design on his own.

AlnBord

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
Yeah, thanks for the guidelines! It'll surely help the new comers. I'm a professional web designer. I know the value of those resources you mentioned in your post. Really appreciable!!! :)

capecod5947

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2013
Cape cod
Lots of great links and info out there

Thank you all.
Tons of helpful sites, nice tutorials, and more.
Im doing well on learning now, starting PHP now, its just a hobby for me. Keeps us busy on these long cold winters. Photoshop and web design go together so well for me.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.