Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodyAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
I use my iPod Touch with a cheap android phone with tethering capabillities. However, I want to know different combinations that people use with their iPod Touch's. What do you guys use? My upgrade's in September (Curse you, two year contracts!) and I might consider upgrading to an iPhone 6 (if it comes out then).

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
Just sold mine but used it either at home as an 'iPad Nano' via the wifi, or tethered to my phone. Often did the latter if I needed to check something at work as the signal there is dire, just put the phone in a window charging, turn on tethering and off I go!

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Original Motorola Razr flip phone that's pre-paid on T-Mobile.

$100.00 for 1000 minutes that last for 12 months (if I don't use them up) with no taxes.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Well I don't use my iPod that much anymore cuz the phone I use with it is an iPhone 4 8 gig but my iPod is 16 gig so I take it on like long car rides and stuff.

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
iPhone 5S 16g with an iPod Touch 5G 32g.....finally all day battery life, though it took two iDevices to get there.

CodyAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
iPhone 5S 16g with an iPod Touch 5G 32g.....finally all day battery life, though it took two iDevices to get there.
How do you manage both devices? What kind of apps do you have on each device?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
We'll I was using if with a galaxy S4, however I've just bought a 64 GB iPhone 5S so I'm not sure where it will fit into my set up yet.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
LG nexus 4. iPod usually stays home unless I'm traveling in which case I use it for music and FaceTime wherever I'm staying

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
How do you manage both devices? What kind of apps do you have on each device?

I use the iPod(jail broke) for everything media related like Photos, AirPlay, music in the car(less wear and tear on the phone not unplugging and plugging 20x's a day) and save the iPhone for everything else. The iPod gets the ruff service activities, phone stays safe.

Espeonia

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2013
I use an LG optimus s (rooted, running cm 10.3); I plan to upgrade to either a g pro or a nexus 5 and use Ting as my operator.

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
I use Galaxy S4 octa core version as my phone.

I use iPod Touch for gaming and 9Gag, thus allowing me to use my Galaxy S4 for more serious tasks like email, office documents and so on.

pagemaster

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2013
I use my iPod Touch with a cheap android phone with tethering capabillities. However, I want to know different combinations that people use with their iPod Touch's. What do you guys use? My upgrade's in September (Curse you, two year contracts!) and I might consider upgrading to an iPhone 6 (if it comes out then).

I use a Google Nexus cell and when I need to use my iPod Touch I tether it.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I currently use a Blackberry Q10.
The physical keypad is just a hell of a lot easier for me to work with than typing on glass.

I love my BB but I am now looking to pick up an iPod touch for all my music.
Just waiting until I get paid. The Touch will be great for Instagram, music and the very very few games I'm interested in on the App Store.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
I use xperia M it has a 4" inch display as well and dual sim system. Kind of like carrying two iPhones

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Just like bear, I had an LG phone...but that was a long time ago. I didn't want two devices so I just got an iPhone. I do miss a dedicated media player though. With my phone I always have to make sure I don't run my battery down too much or I'll have no means of communication.

That old LG would go a week on one charge....

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
I still have a KIN TWOm as my phone. Naturally it doesn't tether, but I'm not interested in buying a data plan right now.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Got the iPhone 5s with my iPod Touch 4th Gen. Before I had a Motorola flip. Went with the iPhone because I needed access to wifi. And my Motorola battery was dying.

I keep all my favorite games (50+) on my iPod and a few apps I check daily. Moved the travel/navi and business apps and about 12 Gaming apps to the iPhone. More music on the iPod.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
iPhone 5s.

I can share apps, but I mostly just have music on my iPod touch.

Simply put I have more music than I have space and this frees me to use a smaller capacity iPhone.

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Prior to getting my iPhone, which I use for everything I bring out with me, I carried my LG Xenon phone (a cheap-ish slide phone), my iPod Touch and my 7th generation iPod Nano.

The reason for carrying my iPod Nano is because my iPod Touch is 8GB, and I liked to have a bunch of games on it, and to be able to record a video if something ever happened. My iPod Nano was for the music that I would listen to. Now, I have my iPhone, which is my phone, games and music all at once. So now it's only one device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.