Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
My new 5th gen iPod came almost with a full charge but i charged it with a very new hp laptop. I was using the iPod not for music but just like playing around with games and settings, and the battery went down to half in about an hour and a half whats wrong? Is the laptop not powerful enough to fully charge it? Or do i have to run my battery down to nothing and then recharge it on my desktop? PLease help.

Star136

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2005
tdogg20 said:
My new 5th gen iPod came almost with a full charge but i charged it with a very new hp laptop. I was using the iPod not for music but just like playing around with games and settings, and the battery went down to half in about an hour and a half whats wrong? Is the laptop not powerful enough to fully charge it? Or do i have to run my battery down to nothing and then recharge it on my desktop? PLease help.
Mine discharged quickly the after the first charge - it will improve, you'll find other posts here which detail charging cycles etc.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
so u didnt fully charge it for the 1st time? if u didnt then the ipod might have gotten only a 80% charge i think.

did u leave it plugged in when u was playing around with the games? or u couldnt wait and unplugged it?

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
I plugged it in for like an hour and a half to two hours, and then it said it was fully charged because it showed the outlet prong in the top right then i fooled around with it

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
well if it was fully charge then dont worry about it. drain the power and recharge it again.

if u use the ipod click wheel, backlight and other stuff alot it will drain the power i assume...don't get a mashed brain over it enjoy it.

bless

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
So the iPod battery life will get better after it charges a couple times?

Star136

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2005
tdogg20 said:
So the iPod battery life will get better after it charges a couple times?
Yes, but charge it fully (5 hours) then let it run out completely then repeat. That should do the trick.

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
so even if it says its fully charged i should still let it charge for 5 hours?

Star136

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2005
tdogg20 said:
so even if it says its fully charged i should still let it charge for 5 hours?
Yup - for a full charge, less time for 80% - which I think is when you get the charged symbol.

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
alright cool thanks a lot! I have another question after it shows the charged symbol how long does it take after that to reach 100%? And is it fine if it shows the do not disconnect symbol everytime i have it charging?

kuruptr

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2005
Star136 said:
Take a look the thread entitled 'iPod video scratches' :rolleyes:

Did i ask you the question? Could i pull him through his computer into that thread and tell him to answer in that thread? Then mind your business jerk and stop trolling.

Thanks for your answer tdogg

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
kuruptr said:
Did i ask you the question? Could i pull him through his computer into that thread and tell him to answer in that thread? Then mind your business jerk and stop trolling.

Thanks for your answer tdogg

Way to tell him buddy! I'm sure he'll stop being the jackass he is now :D

yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.