Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleardynamik

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
Hello evryone,

first - thank you very much for your great work!!!

second - just put the app on my iphone yesterday - everything works fine

now my question - i record about 10-20 calls each day and want to listen to them later in the day on my computer - the only way i found is to send one after one via the email button in the app to my email adress - is there any other way you know of - you can sync the recorded calls to the computer in a more easy way ?

Thank you very much

Tom

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hello evryone,

first - thank you very much for your great work!!!

second - just put the app on my iphone yesterday - everything works fine

now my question - i record about 10-20 calls each day and want to listen to them later in the day on my computer - the only way i found is to send one after one via the email button in the app to my email adress - is there any other way you know of - you can sync the recorded calls to the computer in a more easy way ?

Thank you very much

Tom

See the OP:

UPDATE (01/Jan/2014 18:28 GMT):

2. Elias has changed the save directory from /var/mobile/Library/Application Support/UltimateCallRecorder to the much more logical /var/mobile/Documents/AudioRecorder in the newest 4.x series. Note: if you want to quickly delete all your recordings, you can simply delete all the files in the directory via, say, iExplorer.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
OK, removed previous version(s) from 5S.
Installed updated Limneos version 0.4-62 and it registered.
Overwrote it with your .deb file - NEWnet.limneos.callrecorder_0.4-62_iphoneos-arm.deb

Works fine on 5S - warning is muted, records as it should.
Will have to try the call waiting issue later (Limneos fix - not your fix)

Thanks ! :D

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010

See the OP:

UPDATE (01/Jan/2014 18:28 GMT):

2. Elias has changed the save directory from /var/mobile/Library/Application Support/UltimateCallRecorder to the much more logical /var/mobile/Documents/AudioRecorder in the newest 4.x series. Note: if you want to quickly delete all your recordings, you can simply delete all the files in the directory via, say, iExplorer.

But the audio files are split (Mic / Speaker) in the /var/mobile/Documents/AudioRecorder directory so a second step of muxing/syncing the audio is needed.

cleardynamik

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
Thank you very much for the quick response !

I found it - but the problem now - the file name is something very strange - as I want to know on the pc as well who called me or the number.

So it is not possible to display in the metadata or as the file name the same text that is displayed in the app - for Name/Number + Date or something like that - right ?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Thank you very much for the quick response !

I found it - but the problem now - the file name is something very strange - as I want to know on the pc as well who called me or the number.

So it is not possible to display in the metadata or as the file name the same text that is displayed in the app - for Name/Number + Date or something like that - right ?

Yup, it's very easy to programmatically convert the Unix timestamp-like to date/h/m/s format. I'll write such an app as soon as I get my muter app ready.

----------

But the audio files are split (Mic / Speaker) in the /var/mobile/Documents/AudioRecorder directory so a second step of muxing/syncing the audio is needed.

Sure. It might be possible via scripting in Audacity. If it isn't (which I don't think to be probable), I'll write one such app for OS X or iOS.

----------

OK, removed previous version(s) from 5S.
Installed updated Limneos version 0.4-62 and it registered.
Overwrote it with your .deb file - NEWnet.limneos.callrecorder_0.4-62_iphoneos-arm.deb

Works fine on 5S - warning is muted, records as it should.

Great! In 1-2 minutes, I release the final version, with muting for all languages.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
OK, fully muted version available in my repo under the name “Audio Recorder (Muted)”

Direct link to DEB: http://www.winmobiletech.com/cy/debs/net.limneos.callrecordermuted_0.4-62_iphoneos-arm.deb

----------

BTW, here are the full sources of the semi-automated program I've written for muting:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81986513/012014/10 71b3 evasion7/MuteAudioRecorder.zip

It's for OS X, not for iOS (for the latter, I would have also needed to fine-tune a pre/postinst file to grant the necessary rights for the “mobile” user – haven't had the time for it as yet). As soon as I get it fully automated, I release the iOS port as well so that you no longer need to install my DEB files / load them from my repo but can use my on-the-fly, on-iPhone muter app instead.

It only mutes one file (the dylib). The other (muted) files can just be copy/pasted to /Library/PreferenceBundles/CallRecorderPreferences.bundle as they don't change.

Remember to change the "mainDir" variable to point to the root of the decompressed DEB file before starting the app!

----------

Also note that I didn't update my stealth versions - they're still version -22. As promised, I'll release - probably on the weekend - an on-iPhone configure tool that lets you dynamically en/disable disguising.

This means I'll, on the long run, save a LOT of time by not having to fine-tune every single recorder release.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Your newest .deb file gives this result when installed over fresh install of Limneos version ???

Attachments

• IMG_0483.PNG
    IMG_0483.PNG
    108 KB · Views: 73

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Your newest .deb file gives this result when installed over fresh install of Limneos version ???

That's because I switched to using my own package name to avoid name clashes if you have both my and Limneos' repo in Cydia. This is why Limneos' version isn't automatically uninstalled when installing mine.

Otherwise, package name clashes would result in either version's becoming invisible in Cydia, which can be a PITA.

The solution is very simple: manually uninstall Limneos' version before installing mine.

coco135

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2013

My take...You are awesome!!! with the new update by limneos and your NO WARNING version. it works PERFECT, no issues with call waiting or mute button not working. thank you and also props to limneos.

iphone 5 7.0.4

Last edited:

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Hi
I updated to version -62. I tried installing your deb as usual. It was muted but no audio files were in the app afterward. Same thing when installing from your repo. Works fine with the unaltered version. Any ideas?

Thanks

----------

I think the problem is with call bar. I just updated that too. The record button is not working.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
That's because I switched to using my own package name to avoid name clashes if you have both my and Limneos' repo in Cydia. This is why Limneos' version isn't automatically uninstalled when installing mine.

Otherwise, package name clashes would result in either version's becoming invisible in Cydia, which can be a PITA.

The solution is very simple: manually uninstall Limneos' version before installing mine.
I'm having all kinds of problems installing your version of 4-62. I can installl it but the app icon is missing. There is no app to open after the call to listen to the recordings. I've went back to your deb of 4-22. Works great.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I'm having all kinds of problems installing your version of 4-62. I can installl it but the app icon is missing. There is no app to open after the call to listen to the recordings. I've went back to your deb of 4-22. Works great.

Respring after installation.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
I installed from Cydia again(3rd time) this time over your deb. Icon appeared after respring. 4-62 working well. Thanks. Now onto trying to get the record button fixed in the new version of call bar!
Thanks for your help.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
BTW, on a side note: I've tried adding

su mobile -c uicache

to postinst to allow for not having to respring after installing directly from a DEB file (as opposed to Cydia, which always forces a respring, like it or not). (See my earlier post at https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18580168/ for more info)

It does display the icon immediately (and also the preferences in Settings). However, no recordings will be recorded, not even if you manually dis-, and, then, enable in Settings.

Therefore, it's useless and in no way recommended – as opposed to apps not integrating into CS, for example, my video camera enhancer tool at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1538193/ , where it's highly useful.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Does it also hang if you disable automatic recording?

I dont have automatic recording enabled.

So whenever I am on a call and get another call, I can see that call and can take the call. However whenever i try doing a conference with both of them, it hangs.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I dont have automatic recording enabled.

So whenever I am on a call and get another call, I can see that call and can take the call. However whenever i try doing a conference with both of them, it hangs.

Install the latest muted version (-62) I released yesterday. It has fixed the conf. call problems, according to the others in this thread.

NOTE: no disguised versions of it yet.

coco135

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2013
Install the latest muted version (-62) I released yesterday. It has fixed the conf. call problems, according to the others in this thread.

NOTE: no disguised versions of it yet.

Yes, for me the issue was definitely fixed.

My very small contribution to this great app.

I didn’t care for the record icon that you see when in a call, so i made my own.
i am far from being good at photoshop but i like those icons much better ;).
Just download and overwrite the existing files in...

/var/stash/Applications.4mtXrR/AudioRecorder.app

I also included the original ones if you ever want to go back

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkm0xy0kc4r5qs7/Audio recorder rec button.zip

Version 2 and improved...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu0lcl37xfnsf2w/AudioRecorder rec button V2.zip

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
My very small contribution to this great app.

I'll also include these in the on-iPhone configure utility so anyone can dynamically and easily switch between these icons, the stock ones and the stealth-mode no-icon mode.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
... and sometimes they're quite a bit late. Now, at 19:44GMT, eight hours after my releasing the muted version (done at 11:44GMT - see THIS), the repo "HYI" (I don't provide full name to avoid advertising them) (the one generally pumping out cracked apps very fast) still doesn't list it as new:

(Repo address taken out by me.)

BTW, the case is exactly the same now: 10 hours after my releasing my own muted -62 version (and the first version of the app that I've written to patch the executable dylib file), FYI still don't have theirs (a screenshot I've just taken):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 9.56.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 9.56.59 AM.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 103

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
BTW, the case is exactly the same now: 10 hours after my releasing my own muted -62 version (and the first version of the app that I've written to patch the executable dylib file), FYI still don't have theirs (a screenshot I've just taken):

What website is that image from?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
What website is that image from?

A pirate one. I won't tell the name, though, to avoid supporting piracy. It was just an example of why avoiding pirate sites can be advantageous - in this case, they're much slower with their cracked & muted versions than me with my muted one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.