Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
My iMac slides too easily on my desk. Any solutions you guys have? I have a wooden desk L shaped desk with my iMac on the part thats not facing a wall and "can" slide off onto tile floor.

It probably wont ever happen, but it makes me nervous.. I wish apple had some kind of rubber on the bottom base like the Keyboard and Trackpad.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
My iMac slides too easily on my desk. Any solutions you guys have? I have a wooden desk L shaped desk with my iMac on the part thats not facing a wall and "can" slide off onto tile floor.

It probably wont ever happen, but it makes me nervous.. I wish apple had some kind of rubber on the bottom base like the Keyboard and Trackpad.

get some stuff like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Brand-Super-Grip-Liner-20-x-8-Gray/21943260

cut it to fit the base of the iMac, set the iMac on top, done! It's what we use under our TV's and other things we don't want our cats to be able to move/tip when they get to dinging out.. lol

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I also have found a variety of similar uses for that type of "textured" drawer liner.
Works very good for that. It's easy to trim up, so it stays neat.
I've often used it on different USB hubs, or other small boxes, so they don't move around unless I pick up and move...

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
How about some stick on silicone feet?

RB93.jpg

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Yes it does slide very easily, my cat would often push the iMac when he tries to sleep behind it.

I think this might help
http://www.hardgraft.com/collections/all/products/imacslipper-heritage

Ha! My exact fears is that my one cat likes to jump up to be around me...

----------

get some stuff like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Brand-Super-Grip-Liner-20-x-8-Gray/21943260

cut it to fit the base of the iMac, set the iMac on top, done! It's what we use under our TV's and other things we don't want our cats to be able to move/tip when they get to dinging out.. lol

Thanks, I'll look into this. IMO, Apple should have def. applied some sort of gripping to this rig.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks, I'll look into this. IMO, Apple should have def. applied some sort of gripping to this rig.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I like the fact that it is easy to position it on my desk... so I like the fact that it is easy to move.

It is a lot easier to put tiny no-slip pads on the bottom... than to remove it if apple made the base "grippy".

Jim

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
I just want to follow up. I got the Duct Brand Shelf-Liner and cut the shape of my iMacs base and it now is VERY hard to move(which I wanted for extra security).

Thank you for the advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.