Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmick89

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Any tweak to make the Yahoo Weather app the default weather app on the iphone 5s?

YaBoiD

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
"TapTodaysCalendar" tweak will provide that option for calendar and weather.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Not exactly what you want, but "OpenOther" can direct the Yahoo weather app to launch when you touch the Stock weather app icon.

Has OpenOther been updated? I really wanted to use this tweak but it's not available for iOS 7. The dev seems to have abandoned it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yahoo! Weather is Better.

Don't know if they updated for iOS 7 or not. Haven't seen an update lately though.

Reroutes the stock weather icon and the weather widget in the NC.

PacerguyDon

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Yahoo! Weather is Better.

Don't know if they updated for iOS 7 or not. Haven't seen an update lately though.

Reroutes the stock weather icon and the weather widget in the NC.

Working for me on iPhone 5, as long as you have Yahoo weather downloaded it should replace the stock apple weather app when pressing the apple weather icon.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Working for me on iPhone 5, as long as you have Yahoo weather downloaded it should replace the stock apple weather app when pressing the apple weather icon.

Agreed. This also works fine on my 4S as well.

BL.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Glad to see it's working for people. Thought it was a cool tweak when it came out and I continue to use it.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
The key is getting the paths named correctly.
I'm using it to open Fantastical2 when the stock calendar icon is touched.

That's what I want to do and I followed a guide online. I've both IDs: com.apple.mobilecal and com.flexibits.fantastical.iphone

It doesn't work. Others have also reported that OpenOther doesn't work, so I'm really wondering how you are able to do this.

joju58

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
New York, NY
That's what I want to do and I followed a guide online. I've both IDs: com.apple.mobilecal and com.flexibits.fantastical.iphone

It doesn't work. Others have also reported that OpenOther doesn't work, so I'm really wondering how you are able to do this.

it probably works on other devices, but not on 64 bit

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

You must enter the info from keyboard, you cannot cut and paste.

----------

it probably works on other devices, but not on 64 bit

Apparently you didn't read the thread carefully enough

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18642914/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 110

joju58

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
New York, NY

----------

Apparently you didn't read the thread carefully enough

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18642914/

i rode all thread before posted, and also noticed that no other member who runs i5S confirmed that it works, so go figure

works on my wives i5 but not on my and my son's i5S. Thats why I posted it. And yes all devices runs with latest version iOS 7.0.4 and evasion

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012

Sorry to disturb, but I cannot get this to work. I've tried everything you suggested and then some. Did you do something else? Did you download from a different repo?

Last edited:

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
Is it only the openother that does 1 app? Would love to be able to do it for unlimited apps (weather, safari, maps, mail, to start with)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.