Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded build 13C39 of OS X 10.9.2 to developers, marking the second developer beta iteration of 10.9.2. The release comes almost a month after the first OS X 10.9.2 beta, build 13C32, was seeded to developers.

1092.jpg
The update is available to registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

The first seed of OS X 10.9.2 introduced FaceTime Audio to the Mac and asked developers to focus testing on Mail, Messages, VPN, Graphics Drivers, and VoiceOver. The second build allows Mac users to block people on iMessage and FaceTime as can be done in iOS 7.

Apple has also seeded Safari 7.0.2 for Mavericks and Safari 6.1.2 for Lion/Mountain Lion, asking developers to focus on General Website Compatibility, Accessibility, AutoFill features, Printing and Emailing from Reader, Dragging Tabs Between Monitors, and Extension Compatibility.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Build 13C39 to Developers

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
C32

C39

Does that mean they haven't really been doing much in the way of new builds? Or does it mean nothing?

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
Graphics drivers for late 2013.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
I think facetime audio is the best part of this. I love using it instead of phone calls, so much clearer. Nice to have it on my Mac now too.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Late 2013) NVIDIA Driver Update Please!

I've got my fingers crossed for an updated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M driver to support 3840 x 2160 (60MHz) monitors via the Thunderbolt 2 port.

Update: I think what is also required is to have support for DisplayPort 1.2’s Multi-Stream Transport (MST) enabled.

Last edited:

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Hope they look into the the kernel_task issues that a lot of people have trouble with. Cpu goes insane, uses 120%+, takes up all the available ram, fans go crazy and my MacBook Air freezes. Only option is to shut it off by pressing the on/off button.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Fixed my "FaceTime camera works again on '13 MBA".

Previous build killed it the camera all together.

I've been hoping a new build would come soon to address this, I'm probably more excited about that than anything else 10.9.2 offered :)

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Upgrading to Mavericks broke my iTunes.

Go join the thread I linked to above, (there are some PROPER ignorant fanboys so beware), and post feedback on the Mac App Store too. This is assuming I understand why you call it broken of course.

jessejarvi

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
These kexts were updated:

AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext
GeForceTesla.kext
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
ATIRadeonX2000.kext
GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
GeForceGA.plugin
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
NVDAStartup.kext
NVDAResman.kext
GeForce.kext
NVDAGF100Hal.kext
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
GeForceVADriver.bundle
GeForceGLDriver.bundle
AMD7000Controller.kext
AMD6000Controller.kext
AMD5000Controller.kext
AMD4800Controller.kext
AMD4600Controller.kext
AMD3800Controller.kext
AMD2600Controller.kext
AMD2400Controller.kext
AMDSupport.kext
AMDFramebuffer.kext
AMDRadeonX3000.kext
AMDRadeonX4000.kext
AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHSWVA.bundle
AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
AppleGraphicsControl.kext

EAP-KRB.ppp
EAP-TLS.ppp
Radius.ppp
DSAuth.ppp
DSACL.ppp
L2TP.ppp
PPTP.ppp
PPPoE.ppp
PPP.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext
Sandbox.kext
AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext
mcxalr.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext
IONDRVSupport.kext
AppleThunderboltUTDM.kext
AppleUSBMultitouch.kext
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext
AppleThunderboltNHI.kext
AppleThunderboltEDMService.kext
AppleThunderboltIP.kext
smbfs.kext
IOReportFamily.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
System.kext
AppleStorageDrivers.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleSMC.kext
IOAVBFamily.kext
AppleThunderboltPCIAdapters.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext
AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
IOTimeSyncFamily.kext
IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
IOAcceleratorFamily.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext
AppleThunderboltDPAdapters.kext
AppleSDXC.kext
IOFireWireIP.kext
IOHIDFamily.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
IOThunderboltFamily.kext
AppleCameraInterface.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
IOAccelerator2D.plugin
webdav_fs.kext
acfsctl.kext
acfs.kext
AppleMIDIRTPDriver.plugin
AppleMIDIUSBDriver.plugin
AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin
AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext
IOVideoFamily.kext
IOFireWireSBP2.kext
PPPSerial.ppp

So, a lot of graphics updates, yay!

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Upgrading to Mavericks broke my iTunes.

----------

Thanks. I lost that link.

It's the reason I came back to ML. Seriously tho, get some very thick skin. The zealots will shoot through anything that's not heavy duty.

Important though;
1. Joint the thread to lengthen it.
2. Post feedback here and here.
3. Put a star rating here too.

Here's hoping that Apple is paying attention to all the p***ed off users who are howling about them pointlessly removing things like 'Open Folder In New Window' as an option and the ability to tag folders & files with coloured lablels (not near-invisible dots) and they reinstate these long-standing features in one of the updates.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Here's hoping that Apple is paying attention to all the p***ed off users who are howling about them pointlessly removing things like 'Open Folder In New Window' as an option and the ability to tag folders & files with coloured lablels (not near-invisible dots) and they reinstate these long-standing features in one of the updates.

Add me to that list.

simps100

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Any one running the Beta had the problem with USB sound on Late 2013 iMacs? If so has this been fixed?

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013

Have to agree with this one. Both of those changes in Mavericks is a real step backward. Sometimes I think that Jonny Ives is a bit too much consumed with himself and has a bit too much power at Apple. He needs to come back to mother Earth.

Broojo02

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
UK
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Late 2013) NVIDIA Driver Update Please!

I've got my fingers crossed for an updated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M driver to support 3840 x 2160 (60MHz) monitors via the Thunderbolt 2 port.

Currently the MacBook Pros with Retina can only support a 3840 x 2160 display via the HDMI port, but at a slow 30MHz.

That sounds like a reasonable request. Don't you worry, Apple will hear your plea and fix an unknown bug with Gmail in Mail.app affecting 5 users instead, much better.

badams002

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2013
TX
Hope they look into the the kernel_task issues that a lot of people have trouble with. Cpu goes insane, uses 120%+, takes up all the available ram, fans go crazy and my MacBook Air freezes. Only option is to shut it off by pressing the on/off button.

Do you use a lot of external peripherals? The kernel_task process is essentially a RAM placeholder for RAM intensive applications or activities. A big culprit are third party hardware plugged in and third party music applications, but I’m sure that those are not the only ones that can make the process balloon. I, personally, believe that Silverlight is the source of my kernel_task being bloated, but I want Netflix, so I deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.