Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple may be close to releasing iOS 7.1 beta 4 to developers, according to a report by BGR. The new beta is reportedly in the hands of testing partners and is slated to be released to developers as soon as tomorrow. The beta will be the fourth of a reported six planned developer builds for iOS 7.1.

ios71.jpg
We are told there are various fixes in this latest version, including fixing keyboard issues, problems with the contacts app, more changes to the phone UI, and other changes. We have heard from sources that with iOS 7.1, Apple is working very hard to address some large memory bugs and other issues in iOS 7 that have caused crashes and restarts for a lot of people. Additionally, iOS 7.1 should help unify iOS 7 better graphically, with various user interface updates across the entire system and in apps for a more cohesive feel.
BGR has a bit of a hit-or-miss track record when it comes to predicting iOS releases, but the timing for a new iOS 7 beta release makes sense. Apple tends to release new beta versions every few weeks, and tomorrow would be two weeks since the release of iOS 7.1 beta 3. It should be noted that the build number mentioned by BGR for the fourth beta, 11D5127c, is actually for the current iOS 7.1 beta 3. A possible typo, however, doesn't invalidate the entire rumor, and therefore it remains plausible that the beta 4 is still in the pipleline for a developer release tomorrow.

Article Link: iOS 7.1 Beta 4 May Be Released to Developers Tomorrow

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Just make iOS8 already.
And 4K displays.
And iTunes radio in Europe.
And iWatch.
And ..
Argh :(

sphoenix

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Looking forward to the memory fixes! My iPhone 4S has problems keeping 3 apps running in the background and those are not even games.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Usually I don't complain much about the content of the news articles but I'm really not getting why this is important for us to be informed that another beta is being released to developers?

ZOZO

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2013
Usually I don't complain much about the content of the news articles but I'm really not getting why this is important for us to be informed that another beta is being released to developers?

Even more to the point, this is a "may be released by tomorrow" article. You can't even trust the source. It does seem a little less than front page worthy...

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
memory issues and crash fix would be nice -- Safari on iPad Air constantly crashing, and reloads web tabs more frequently than my original iPad Mini.

Mikea0589

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
PUT BACK THE ALPHABETICAL SCROLL BAR IN THE MUSIC APP UNDER ARTISTS. Or have a way to turn off every track from every album. Worst change since 6.4. Does anyone know if this is a jailbreak feature? Because I will do it for this, alone.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Hopefully this will fix the camera swipe lock screen issue.

Has anyone else discovered this, but if I swipe to the camera from the lock screen to get to the camera and take a horizontal picture, when I get back to the lock screen and swipe to unlock I get a horizontal keyboard in portrait mode making it impossibe to put in my password because only half of the keyboard shows at one time!

brammp

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
PUT BACK THE ALPHABETICAL SCROLL BAR IN THE MUSIC APP UNDER ARTISTS. Or have a way to turn off every track from every album. Worst change since 6.4. Does anyone know if this is a jailbreak feature? Because I will do it for this, alone.

I have always had the scroll bar. Still do in 7.1 b3. See my post from August: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17737782#post17737782

Perhaps there is a threshold for the number of songs you have versus when the scroll bar shows. I have 724 artists in my list at this time.

RdeCourtney

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
I hope they change the caps lock / shift key colours.

Whoever thought that changing the icon from white to grey (the UI equivalent from on to disabled), was more concerned with it matching the other keys; it's confusing. Is grey on, or off, or disabled?

CapsLock/shift and backspace keys on the keyboard should both be grey and white when pressed.

brammp

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Hopefully this will fix the camera swipe lock screen issue.

Has anyone else discovered this, but if I swipe to the camera from the lock screen to get to the camera and take a horizontal picture, when I get back to the lock screen and swipe to unlock I get a horizontal keyboard in portrait mode making it impossibe to put in my password because only half of the keyboard shows at one time!

Yes, I have seen this, even in 7.1 b3. If you can repro this every time, please submit a bug if you haven't already. http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html or https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

It's always been in the news, so why not?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

You have to have 50 artists or more for it to appear now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.