Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hounslowfish

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
Have updated to beta 4 on my iphone.

Noticed so far:

"Shift is wrong color" bug on keyboard fixed.

Phone feels snappiest yet (honestly - I am noticing smoother animations)

And the following (File under I could be imagining things):

More punchy font on Springboard

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
With the UI updates, I hope they make some changes to the music player. The old interface was so much better in my opinion. I can't even thumb the playback slider because its too small with it being crammed onto the screen with everything else. I don't know why it all needs to be.
Instead of tapping the playback slider to rate the song (such a needless function IMO), make it tap to bring up the volume slider. Have the two sliders be interchangeable, and space everything out some more.
That, and make the quick access controls when turning on the screen a bit more spaced out too. No need to cram them all at the top of the screen.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Beta 4 I'mma let you finish and all, but how about that evasi0n though?

Is it safe? Is it secret?

shadow6.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Could be just me, but it looks like the "> slide to unlock" text on the locked screen seems to animate in a somewhat different fashion now.

mceolsen

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Have updated to beta 4 on my iphone.

Noticed so far:

"Shift is wrong color" bug on keyboard fixed.

Phone feels snappiest yet (honestly - I am noticing smoother animations)

And the following (File under I could be imagining things):

More punchy font on Springboard

Shift doesn't seem to be fixed? Still backwards for me?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Could be just me, but it looks like the "> slide to unlock" text on the locked screen seems to animate in a somewhat different fashion now.

Yup. It looks like the highlight covers a wider area as it moves through.

LeoNatan

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
Wish these smaller updates could be installed without connecting to Wifi.
It's a 110+MB update on 5S. Under current Apple policy, that's above the cellular limit. If you've been the `Mericas, you'd know their estimate is spot on for most ****** deals in the USA.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Is it just me or does the overall "theme" of it seem a little less shockingly bright. (Settings are the exact same way I had it pre-install)

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
Just curious if there are any indications, like server logs, of a iOS 7.0.5 to hit before iOS 7.1 to close the jailbreak holes?

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Siri voice has changed for the UK - it is much more natural sounding and it isn't the same male voice (you also have a female voice now)..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It looks like the beta 3 bug where the names of the apps were missing in the Purchased section of App Store seems to have been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.