Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today added two new 30-second video advertisements, "Sound Verse" and "Light Verse," to its YouTube channel. The pair are part of Apple's new ad campaign that focuses on how people are using the iPad for music, mountaineering and more. The uploaded clips, which have been airing on television for several days, are shortened versions of the original 90-second "Your Verse" ad that debuted during the NFL playoffs earlier this month.

As their names imply, almost every scene in the "Light Verse" ad includes sunlight or the use of light in the scenes, while the "Sound Verse" clip features the power of sound.

Apple also launched a companion website called "Your Verse" that takes a closer look at how the people in the advertisements are using the iPad in innovative ways, a familiar theme that Apple has promoted in the past. Late last year, the company debuted its "Life on iPad" video and companion website that showcase the many ways the iPad is transforming the home and the office.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Shortened 'Sound Verse' and 'Light Verse' iPad TV Ads

OctagonA

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
Is it about the iPad we know about?

The device operates below freezing at least once, it must be some iPad we know nothing about.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
These don't feel right. Like someone took a video editor and good skills, made their own shorter versions, but somehow missed the "Apple–ness" that we've come to expect.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
When was the last time Apple released an ad that wasn't terrible? I see what they're trying to do with these and it just doesn't work. It's not inspiring and it totally misses the mark, same with that Christmas one.

driceman

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
These are alright, but I thought the full-length one was 10 times more powerful. Really got the message across that iPads are very useful to a lot of people and are intended to supplement your career or your passions, not to be used to play Angry Birds.

The optimist in me is saying that Apple does actually want people's lives to improve because of iPads in one way or another; the cynic in me is saying that they're just doing their best to get a few hundred bucks out of you as soon as possible; and the realist in me says they want people's lives to improve so those people tell their friends that, and thus more iPads are purchased. :D

Anyway, I like this ad campaign. Much better than a lot of their recent efforts.

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
These shorter ones really lost the magic of the full length version. Apparently good advertising is really hard, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hit a grand slam soon.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
ads really

really suck most ads are worthless and meaningless - they do not apply to real life, just a subjective impression of someone's idea of a "desirable life". all lame.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
They really should of done more like the Christmas ad. That was heartwarming and clever.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
These shorter ones really lost the magic of the full length version. Apparently good advertising is really hard, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hit a grand slam soon.

Yep, I agree. These are actually quite lame shortened. No dramatic tension whatsoever. And I think a large part of what makes the long one work is the background music. Doesn't work here.

The sad part (for Apple) is that I'm sure these are the spots that will run more often since they're only 30 seconds.

Zyiros

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2014
Apple's latest ads are terrible in comparison to other companies. But hey, they're Apple. They don't need to advertise as well as other companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.