Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Strangely it's not appeared on my wife's phone. I do have multiple iTunes account, but my UK account is what we are using on both our phones. Not sure if iTunes match is linked to my UK iTunes account or my iCloud account, though...

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Strangely it's not appeared on my wife's phone. I do have multiple iTunes account, but my UK account is what we are using on both our phones. Not sure if iTunes match is linked to my UK iTunes account or my iCloud account, though...

Has happened to me a few times over the last 2 months. After a few days it disappears again.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
No. Where does it appear anyway? In the Music app? Would it be obvious if I had it?

To UK users on 7.0.x (i.e. not 7.1 betas) who haven't got an iTunes Match subscription, when you go to Settings > Music, do you see this text under the 'Subscribe to iTunes Match':

Store all your music in iCloud and get ad-free radio with iTunes Match. Learn more...

It says this on 7.1 beta 4, but I've never paid attention to that in previous versions. I wondered if this is just a localisation mistake (i.e. the UK text shouldn't mention a feature not available in the UK) going back to 7.0 or if the text has changed in 7.1 betas and is an indication we may be getting radio when 7.1 final is released.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Simply create a US App Store account log into it and you'll have access to iTunes Radio, you'' have to log into your main account to purchase apps etc though but it works perfectly fine if you set your email on a keyboard shortcut of @@ for the first email and @@@ for the second email to make switching faster :p:p:p
This is what i'll do until its launched in the UK

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Simply create a US App Store account log into it and you'll have access to iTunes Radio, you'' have to log into your main account to purchase apps etc though but it works perfectly fine if you set your email on a keyboard shortcut of @@ for the first email and @@@ for the second email to make switching faster :p:p:p
This is what i'll do until its launched in the UK

This is useles to people with iTunes Match as everything is deleted and you need to re download music you keep stored on the device everytime you switch accounts....it works but is too time consuming.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Great so itunes radio can just be another way to listen to commercial pap, because the UK doesn't have enough other ways to do that.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Happened on my iPhone last week when I decided to unjailbreak. Here's Italy.
Sadly It wasn't working.. and after a couple of days disappeared..

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
You have ads every two songs? Ads back to back? Video ads? The same 10-15 songs played daily?

Pretty much, except for video ads of course, but also we have moronic DJ's who have had too many psychostimulants jabbering away during songs. The songs are nearly always the synthetic/saccharin top-40 BS. Even the classical music is defiled because they play only short segments of the same songs over and over and over ...

I miss the campus radio stations in the US. :( At least they had a little variety. I can only get them now if they stream on the internet....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
anyone else's iTunes Radio working on their phone in the UK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.