Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wheresmymickey.png
Disney's Where's My Mickey app has been named Apple's App of the Week, and as a result, it is available for free for the first time since its initial June 2013 release. Based on the popular Where's My Water? game Where's My Mickey? is a physics-based game that asks players to help Mickey Mouse collect water to progress through levels.

While the gameplay is similar to Where's My Water?, it introduces new Mickey-based art and weather mechanics including wind, clouds, and rain, that were not available in the initial Where's My Water? app. Where's My Mickey includes five different episodes of levels for free and it also offers two additional episode packs for $0.99 as well as in-app purchases for hints.
- Original Episodes - Explore up to 5 unique episodes with surprising and witty scenarios! Watch how each story unfolds and ends as you play through individual level packs!
- Brand New Weather Mechanics - Use wind, clouds and rain to maneuver through 100+ levels filled with fun challenges!
- A Whole New Look - A classic Mickey art-style with a contemporary touch, inspired by Disney Channel's new series of Mickey Cartoons!
- Collectibles and Bonus Levels - Help Pluto look for hidden collectibles to unlock more bonus puzzles!
- Stuck on extra challenging puzzles? - Get a hint to help you out!
- Featuring Mickey and Friends - Discover more hilarious episodes with Goofy & Minnie Mouse!
Where's My Mickey? can be downloaded from the App Store for free for the next week. [Direct Links: iPhone/iPad]

Article Link: Disney's 'Where's My Mickey?' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

narcolepsy

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
Not a good App name in Ireland

'Where's My Mickey?' sounds so wrong in Ireland, and definitely not appropriate for Kids......

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's an OK game. I wish they had made something brand new and not just a clone of Where's My Water?

It really surprised me when they took off the energy system in WMW2 the other month too. I think the hints will be next.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
'Where's My Mickey?' sounds so wrong in Ireland, and definitely not appropriate for Kids......

So does "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party", "Epic Mickey" and "Mickey's Magic Show" ... anything with Mickey in it.

Apple needs to 17+ this stuff. Seriously. ARE YOU LISTENING, APPLE?

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I find it odd that well-established brands such as Disney feel the need to resort to in-app purchases to drive sales of their games — especially games marketed toward small children.

Surely the Disney name is enough to entice parents to drop $4.99 or even $9.99 for a game that they can hand to their children and not have to worry about the trappings of IAP.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
I find it odd that well-established brands such as Disney feel the need to resort to in-app purchases to drive sales of their games — especially games marketed toward small children.

Surely the Disney name is enough to entice parents to drop $4.99 or even $9.99 for a game that they can hand to their children and not have to worry about the trappings of IAP.

Agreed, I only purchase games without IAP for my children and it's getting more difficult finding them. I also wish sites would stop promoting freemium games as free.

hairyguy

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013

no. disney is dead. mario (super mario by nintendo) is more famous and recognizable today than mickey is. and we all know that winnie the pooh is actually the mascot of disney today. mickey was a fad that came and went just like winnie and mario will one day. you are living in the past when cars had an extra window for fresh air in the front seat that you could twist, fonts were written in english everywhere on the street (now i go into neighborhoods in america and think i am in some other country), the list goes on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.