Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ABC News will air an interview with Apple CEO Tim Cook on World News with Diane Sawyer tomorrow evening to coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of the introduction of the Macintosh (via 9to5Mac).

The interview, between ABC's David Muir and Cook, will air tomorrow at 6:30PM Eastern, though a small portion of the interview will preview on Good Morning America.

timcookabcinterview.jpg
ABC has not shared many details about the interview, but based on the image shown above, the Mac Pro will be a point of discussion. "ABC News Anchor David Muir exclusively interviews Apple CEO Tim Cook on the 30th anniversary of the Macintosh and what is next for the company," ABC says.
In 2012, Tim Cook sat down with Brian Williams for a wide ranging interview that covered Apple's poor mapping debut, Apple's future in television and more. The interview is part of a larger media campaign by the company to promote the thirtieth anniversary of the Macintosh's debut.

Article Link: Tim Cook Speaks With ABC News About Thirtieth Anniversary of Macintosh, Interview Airs Tomorrow

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
Wow, that Mac Pro sure look small in that guys hand comparing to the one I used to use. To bad I don't have a good reason to get one.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
timcookabcinterview.jpg

"So you're telling me I can get the same spin on this as I can on a rubber football?"

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
EyeTV set to record :)

How do you like EyeTV and what tuner do you use with it?

I've noticed a couple of compatible network tuners that look interesting. Trying to figure out how to do an alternative to Dish Network or Cable and save $70 per month. I am thinking OTA DVR + iTunes series purchases + Netflix (maybe).

Also, is there a good solution for automatic edit of commercials like the Dish Hopper?

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I wonder how a 1984 Mac and a current Mac Pro would look next to each other? $2499 vs $2999, so, after adjusting for 30 years of inflation, the new Pro is actually the cheaper buy.

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
1 nMP today = enough Apple II's to fill Rhode Island

I'm guessing this will be the topic of discussion.

Note: I've done no math to substantiate this claim.

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
Maybe the NSA can share with us the full interview.

Apple still hasn't satisfied me with their transparency on working with the government without our knowledge.

Frosty?Flake

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
Portland , OR
Tim talks and talks, but says very little! good job!
Apple needs that shroud of mystry. And secrecy. The solution to live broadcast is in the palm of Apple, but they don't see it...email conversation I had with CNN personality...with wearables? Killer app!

djgamble

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
I didn't realise that the mac Pro was so small!!!
Insane that they have crammed ~16+ cores, 2 GPUs...etc into THAT case!

Sorry I'm totally out of the loop 'ay?

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Gonna' miss it ... they're having a manhole cover opening on Main Street tomorrow ... and that will be more AMAZING and AWESOME than listening to Tim Cook tell me once more

"...that they are working on "great things" and want to keep them secret because "you will be so much happier when you see it."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.