Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I have an issue with super recorder not recording correctly. It plays back the audio at a very high rate of speed. This issue was fixed for a while but has returned. Oh well.

Did you try my Audacity tip?
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18591547/

----------

just rebooted

AR started

playing a 2-minute call, 120 recorded calls in total

then I switch between with all/incoming calls/outgoing calls, AR crashed...

Strange - the figures seem to be OK. No excess memory usage from AR - 12-13 Mbytes only, just like on the iPhone 5.

wiiwaker

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
Did you try my Audacity tip?
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18591547/

----------

Strange - the figures seem to be OK. No excess memory usage from AR - 12-13 Mbytes only, just like on the iPhone 5.

and after AR crashed, all other apps I opened crashed immediately too. Maybe AR has a problem handling too many recordings, I have tweeted this issue to Limones if I get his reply I will post here

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Is it just me, or is anyone else having this issue. Record button does not work with the callbar interface. Works fine with the stock iPhone phone dialer. Can someone please check. Thanks!

deduction09

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2014
I have excellent call volume for my line (Leg A) but the other end of the call (Leg B) has very low volume in playback. Is this typical? First time buyer/user, but so far everything else is working well. I've yet to test bluetooth, my only other valid use-case.

maccis

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
I have excellent call volume for my line (Leg A) but the other end of the call (Leg B) has very low volume in playback. Is this typical? First time buyer/user, but so far everything else is working well. I've yet to test bluetooth, my only other valid use-case.

Its a "feature"...
sorry but that is the way it is with audio recorder. if you cand stand other bugs there are super recorder... excellent sound from both ends if you are able to record that is.. its such a shame to have two apps and each with their own drawbacks

deduction09

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2014
Its a "feature"...
sorry but that is the way it is with audio recorder. if you cand stand other bugs there are super recorder... excellent sound from both ends if you are able to record that is.. its such a shame to have two apps and each with their own drawbacks

How is barely audible a "feature"? Were there ever a truly important call I needed, I would have to pull the file and adjust gain manually. A little ridiculous.... I will take a look at SR but it sounds horribly buggy.

maccis

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
How is barely audible a "feature"? Were there ever a truly important call I needed, I would have to pull the file and adjust gain manually. A little ridiculous.... I will take a look at SR but it sounds horribly buggy.

hmm, I thought that everyone knew by now that "a feature" was the androids joke with apples mistakes with the iphone deathgrip among other things...
i put it in " to really flag it is irony...
sorry if u missed it

Fortknox

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Menneisyys2, thanks for this awesome tweak. I however have a request to make, can you kindly help make/fix/update the stealth version [BB I,II & III] with the conference calls issue resolved? that will be awesome.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Menneisyys2, thanks for this awesome tweak. I however have a request to make, can you kindly help make/fix/update the stealth version [BB I,II & III] with the conference calls issue resolved? that will be awesome.

Sure! I've just started working on the GUI-based configure utility, which also lets for supplying any name and icon for the app.

EDIT: here's the GUI:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.26.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.26.41 PM.png
    26 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
OK guys, the first version is here, supporting

- disabling and re-enabling execution of the main app on the SpringBoard
- removing and re-displaying the AR preferences in system Settings
- removing and re-displaying the blinking icon from / on the in-call screen

Here are the full sources: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81986513/012014/24 configar/ConfigAR-201401240057.zip . It's fully working if you deploy it from Xcode. Note: should you want to remove system prefs, grant o+w on /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/, for example, using iFile. Alternatively, use the DEB installer (see below) to do this from the preinst file, which will automatically do this.

Here's the direct DEB link if you don't have Xcode / a dev account / don't want to play with the sources: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...h.ConfigAudioRecorderiOS_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Here's the GUI:

configar-v1.PNG

It's the (above-annotated) switches at the bottom that work (except for “Remove voice warning:”; for the time being, use my separate, previous stand-alone muter patcher at https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18631060/ ; I'll integrate that functionality later to this app). Basically, if you leave them enabled, everything will be disabled/deactivated when you press the GO button. If you disable the switches, the original Audio Recorder functionality is restored.

Note:
- the stock Phone app needs to be restarted for the changes to the icon displaying to be seen
- the stock Settings app needs to be restarted for the changes to the AR preferences displaying to be seen
- no such restriction with the executable “Audio Recorder” icon – it'll immediately become (un)executiable after changing its state from the app.

----------

V1 ready, see above.

maccis

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
So super recorder works with everything even wired headsets.
Audio Recorder doesn't?

Not sure "everything" but wired yes.

But be warned. Its not as near stable as audio recorder.

I try it out from time to time and yesterday was one of those days.
Somehow I accidentally started a recording when I installed it (activator maybe).
The I got a call a couple of minutes later.
It ended up with a recording where my keystrokes (writing a mail) was recorded for 2 minutes and then the call came after that (the call was 1 minute long). Nothing strange except for the fact that the total recording that was 2 min and 2 sec long. So I could hear a really fast forwarded call in the end. 1 min-> 2sec.
Extremely strange behavior
That developer should really get his act together, because he doesnt answer mails or tweets. Just takes the money...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Just posted the new version of my ConfigAR app.

Source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81986513/012014/24 configar/ConfigAR-201401242039.zip

DEB installer: the same URL as before: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...h.ConfigAudioRecorderiOS_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Now

- ALL the four switches work. I've incorporated the code of my muter tweak into the app, which means you will no longer need my previous tweak to mute the original AR on your iPhone - the new tweak will suffice. Feel free to use them - but don't forget you need to
+ kill the Phone app for icon hiding / re-showing
+ reboot the device after muting / unmuting the warnings
+ kill Settings to hide / re-show the AR prefs.

- I dynamically read the state of all switches on app (re)starts. This is why they're all disabled when first started after a fresh original AR (re)install. After all, no hiding / muting is active in the original AR.

After, however, you starting hiding stuff, these switches will automatically set to their current value.

Fortknox

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Thanks Menneisyys2, I just downloaded and installed the.deb file using ifile. It's working on my iPhone 5S. My phone now hangs a lot, probably some little tweaking is still needed. Thanks once again for the hardwork and this awesome tweak.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks Menneisyys2, I just downloaded and installed the.deb file using ifile. It's working on my iPhone 5S. My phone now hangs a lot, probably some little tweaking is still needed. Thanks once again for the hardwork and this awesome tweak.

Great you find it useful. I'm still working on it - just implementing the other functionalities like app name / icon changing.

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
sweet, thanks for the links.

i added winmobiletech.com/cy. 2 of them in there....suggestions?

I have this one... I haven't really followed all the different versions and what they accomplish as the one I installed does exactly what I want. It records my phone calls and has no "you are being recorded" warning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 101

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
New version of my configurer tool released:

source code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81986513/012014/25-configAR/ConfigAR.zip

DEB installer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...h.ConfigAudioRecorderiOS_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Changes:
- full support for dynamic icon changes, including even user icons. See the three-state segmented control. Currently, I include the "Bubble Bobbler" icon. I've dumbed the PNG down to bring its size down to 11kbytes to reduce the DEB file size - yes, I know it's ugly. Feel free to load your own custom icon.
- changes are done as soon as you change any switch or segcontrol state
- it force-reloads its state when exiting
- the architecture (mainly due to getting rid of the centralized "Go!" button) source code is greatly cleaned up.

Doesn't work for the time being:
- changing the app name more than once
- using app names shorter than 13 chars (the same as that of the original "AudioRecorder".

The latter two bullets mean you should only ONCE change the app name (and, then, tap the Go button on the right) and shouldn't use shorter names as 13 chars. They, however, can be anything; for example, "Aaaaaaaaaaaa".

NOTE: it was because of having to change app names under /Applications that I'm granting an o+w to it in the preinst file. (This is the new row in there.) Otherwise, programmatic app name change wouldn't work. Nothing else needs this; therefore, if you don't need app name changing, you can remove the "Write" flag from "World" on the directory, as is shown in the attached image.

NOTE 2: if you change the app name and, later, you remove the original AR app, after you've removed it via the Cydia app, you also need to remove the .app directory under /Applications with, say, iFile or iExplorer. As it has a new directory name, Cydia (more specifically, dpkg-deb) can't know where it's located now as I don't directly overwrite the dpkg-deb files telling this the system. I may implement this in the future too; before that, just use manual directory deletion, it's completely safe. Do NOT (re)install AR without doing so before!

Attachments

• IMG_0493.PNG
    IMG_0493.PNG
    96.7 KB · Views: 73

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
im confused. i would like a call recorder, whats the name of it in cydia?

Currently, you can either get my 4.62 version directly, or, if you want runtime configurability WRT disguising / stealth mode, Elias' own, original 4.62 and my just-released config tool. The latter also allows for directly muting Elias' app.

Digital.yemeni

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2014
Menneisyys2,

Can I use your tool to remove the blinking run-time icon from your muted version which i'm using now or it has to be used with Elias original tweak?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Menneisyys2,

Can I use your tool to remove the blinking run-time icon from your muted version which i'm using now or it has to be used with Elias original tweak?

It works with both versions (and all past versions), assuming you aren't using a version of my old, changed-name stuff. Just install my new configure tool and flip the "Hide runtime blinking icon:" switch so that it becomes enabled. Then, just kill the Phone app so that you immediately see the changes.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
may implement this in the future too; before that, just use manual directory deletion, it's completely safe. Do NOT (re)install AR without doing so before!

I have some good news for you: I'm implementing the code that directly overwrites the app dir in /var/lib/dpkg/info/net.limneos.callrecorder.list .

Then, the renaming of the "AudioRecorder" SpringBoard icon / app from inside my app won't have such a bad side effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.