Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In honor of today's thirtieth anniversary of the introduction of the Macintosh, Apple CEO Tim Cook and executives Craig Federighi and Bud Tribble recently sat down for an interview with ABC News. ABC's David Muir was a guest on Good Morning America this morning, where he introduced a short preview of the interview, which airs in full tonight.

cook_federighi_tribble.jpg
In the clip, Muir talked candidly to the trio of executives about Apple's culture of secrecy, the company's plans for its Arizona sapphire manufacturing plant and the iWatch. Cook was forthcoming in the interview about his work habits and Apple's rumored black curtains, but as usual he adeptly deflected questions about Apple's future product roadmap.

The full interview will air tonight at 6:30 PM on World News with Diane Sawyer.

Article Link: Tim Cook Discusses Apple's Culture of Secrecy, Sapphire, and More in ABC News Interview

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
There has been more Mac news on this website in the last 24 hours than the last 5 years of MacRumors. Seriously.

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
I too would like to know more about Apple's Cuture. It's so secret, I've never even heard of the word!

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
but as usual he adeptly deflected questions about Apple's future product roadmap.

People who interview Tim shouldn't waste their time asking this type of question.

violst

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Looks very interesting, I'm looking forward to watching it. It will be nice to see them showing off the new Mac Pro. Its good to see Mac computers getting some spot light time.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Come on Craig, I'm sure you don't need to wear the same blue shirt every time you get on camera?

Maybe it's his black turtle neck. Sometime I feel like these guys are all like Homer Simpson. All the same outfits in the closet... maybe it's something that they all too on from good ole' Steve.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Right there in the first picture you see some of what is wrong at Apple.

Grey hair.

Apple could use some young innovative people. As much as I like Apple (just got another one this week!) the product line has become stale, restrictive and overly-conservative. Users keep loosing connectivity and the ability to upgrade. The product line is full of holes, just what you might expect from some old, grey-haired dudes.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
The little clip isn't loading for me. Ho hum! Will try my PC when I get in.

Grey hair.

Apple could use some young innovative people. As much as I like Apple (just got another one this week!) the product line has become stale, restrictive and overly-conservative. Users keep loosing connectivity and the ability to upgrade. The product line is full of holes, just what you might expect from some old, grey-haired dudes.

I really like Craig Federighi but you might be right. I wonder what the design teams are like by comparison.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX

Grey hair.

EXACTLY!
(could not call it stale yet, but not getting as much attention as glam SamSmug)

That and ABC title says "30 years of Apple".
So, Apple was founded in 1984 and instantly changed the way we do computing....

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The little clip isn't loading for me. Ho hum! Will try my PC when I get in.

I really like Craig Federighi but you might be right. I wonder what the design teams are like by comparison.

Here you go...

Screen%2Bshot%2B2012-09-19%2Bat%2B9.31.26%2BAM-749876.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.