Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In celebration of the Mac's 30th anniversary, Apple employees are being treated to a musical performance by popular band act OneRepublic at Apple's Cupertino campus.

applebash.jpg
(Photo courtesy of @soulo1200s)
Celebrating Mac s 30th with some of my closest friends in Cupertino with OneRepublic. Awesome. - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) January 25, 2014
Apple holds a bi-weekly "Beer Bash" for employees at its campus that often includes musical performances when a bash coincides with a special event. Previous Beer Bash performances have starred Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Maroon 5, Cake, The Fray, and Phillips Phillips.
Still standing at the intersection of technology and the liberal arts. Happy Birthday Mac! pic.twitter.com/w1WhQEvn2i - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) January 25, 2014
The company also decorated its Cupertino headquarters with several 30th anniversary posters, which list every employee who has ever worked at Apple by badge number, and several Apple executives, including Tim Cook, have given interviews about the Mac to celebrate its birthday.

Article Link: Apple Campus Celebrates 30th Mac Anniversary With One Republic Performance

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
The last time I saw that space used for a big event was the memorial service for Steve. It's nice to see some celebration there now. Even though the new campus will be incredible, there's a lot of history at this one!

Every Mac I've owned has always been dependable -- typing this on my 2006 iMac that's still going strong! Happy 30th Anniversary, Mac :apple:

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Meanwhile Samsung treats forces their employees to attend a Nickelback concert in celebration of the 20th anniversary of their microwave oven.

timborama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Meanwhile Samsung treats forces their employees to attend a Nickelback concert in celebration of the 20th anniversary of their microwave oven.
I think I'd rather have some of the ₩800B they paid out in employee bonuses recently than a party.

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Glad to see lot of activities around Mac …. Celebrations, Website, interviews means Apple still serious about Mac.

Some people will still complain about Tim Cook and post they should not waste time or where is my …… device :p

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
That's a lot of drunk nerds every two weeks. Kinda like Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle. That was some cool nerd parties.

Last edited:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I just saw the new Apple employee shirts commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Mac. Sadly in the China I don't think any of these folks know anything about Macs from thirty years ago, as much as I wish they did. Simply put it wasn't in the market back then.

That said, happy birthday Mac!

I certainly did not own a Mac back then, but you can be sure my first computer that I used was an Apple II. I did quite enjoy the games available back then on those 5.25" floppies if anything.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Makes you wish Steve was still around.

I always wonder what he would say to
Google aquiring best, NSA stuff, etc.

It definitely would have been a lot of fun

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I've never even heard of One Republic and I listen to music 6 hours a day.

ZOZO

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2013
Love One Republic. They have a few real classics under their belt. Look up Apologize, Timbaland version. It's one of their best IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.