Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On January 24, Apple commemorated the 30th anniversary of the Mac with a "Happy birthday, Mac" promotion on its website, 30th anniversary t-shirts for its employees, and executive interviews with both ABC News and Macworld. Just ten days later, the company now has released an anniversary video, recorded on the anniversary using iPhones and edited on Macs, that shows how the the promise of the Mac has been fulfilled by putting "technology in the hands of the people."

Article Link: Apple Releases Mac 30th Anniversary Video '1.24.14': Filmed on iPhones, Edited on Macs

dieselmcore

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
To actually step back from this commercial, and to individually assess what each person is doing with their apple devices here is mind blowing.

These are all marvellous tasks ranging from Motion control to design photography, all accessible and made to be used by people who are sparked by interest and passion, and not necessarily technically skilled in coding or software or whatever, but can still make magic happen.

This was Apples mission, and they have succeeded.

This is company who wanted to make something happen, change the way we interact with technology; and it did.

Not a lot of others out there can claim the same.

:apple:

joneill55

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
'Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world...
are the ones who do'
-Steve Jobs

Think Different

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It's the first time I see dots. That's not a regional option for USA in computers.

Maybe in some movie trailer
It is not the first time that I have seen dots used in a date. Now, let's get back to the commercial.

I don't get exercised about commercials one way or another. My purchases are based on how well a product satisfies my needs. However, this Apple commercial is touching me at a level that I have rarely experienced.

Congratulations to all involved in producing it. Congratulations to Apple for 30 years of Macintosh.

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
To actually step back from this commercial, and to individually assess what each person is doing with their apple devices here is mind blowing.

These are all marvellous tasks ranging from Motion control to design photography, all accessible and made to be used by people who are sparked by interest and passion, and not necessarily technically skilled in coding or software or whatever, but can still make magic happen.

This was Apples mission, and they have succeeded.

This is company who wanted to make something happen, change the way we interact with technology; and it did.

:apple:

Microsoft's similarly themed commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOvHKG0Tio

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not bad

Not to shabby...

However, that guy zooming along with his mac on his lap like its gonna fall any second.... Its a precise machine..

Get a hard cover case for heavens sake...

He probably should of stuck with a PC laptop,, at they these are designed for that purpose. The tough-book comes to mind...

But this IS an Apple add... We don't wish to show "other" laptop which make more sense in the industry now do we.... :p

We have to give credit, where credit it due, instead to being a reality...

Personally, I often wonder about these people... are they really a PC user, but Apple just said. "Here's a Mac, use it for our ad"

i wonder.......seriously, cos some of the tough industry's, on the road stuff, i seriously think you would need something better and more rugged.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

Actually, almost all other companies can claim the same.

While we here truly love and enjoy our Macs and Apple products, we can't throwaway our perspective simply because it makes us feel better, or puts a warm feeling in our hearts.

Most technology benefits the world at large, whether a bunch of first world brats drinking $5 coffees love the brand or not.

In the end, it's all about what the end user does with the product.

Yes, a lot of people can do a lot of things with Apple products, but that doesn't just count out every other company out there simply because of personal preference.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
who of the we is still there?

nice commercial but feels a bit like a nolan movie where the soundtrack makes you feel its much more than it is which i suppose is a good thing.

dansix

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
Unless

Unless you want to do any serious word processing... i.e., get any real work done, then stick with Windows. Because Mac still can't do that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.