Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California

I really like the way the this sleeve looks. Need to decide the color I will get :D

http://www.etsy.com/listing/110873477/iphone-5s-iphone-5c-iphone-5-sleeve?ref=shop_home_active

That's a nice case. i made another one. i can pull the black leather band and my iPhone 5S will slide out as you can see in picture 2. i also added a hook at the back so that i can attach it to my belt loop if i want to.

not really the best sewing machine stitches. i am just using a regular home sewing machine. i f i can get a hold of a heavy duty machine. it will look better. but for now this is working OK for me.

Attachments

• photo A.JPG
    photo A.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 269
  • photo B.JPG
    photo B.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 167
  • photo C.JPG
    photo C.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 153
  • photo D.JPG
    photo D.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

icebergx

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I 'm looking for a slim, simple case and the Sena ultra slim, iCaseleather slim series and the Knomo leather slim sleeve are the main contenders.
Could anyone tell me which is the best, and if any have drawbacks?
Also, I've been a bit concerned about reports that the Sena can scratch/remove the anodised coating on the iPhone, with prolonged use. Does this effect the other two brands of case too?

Thanks.

icebergx

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got the case, and i must say that its by far the best leather pouch i have ever tried (in my oppinion its even better than the Knomo and even better than the Sena cases). Fits the i5 perfectly, its tight, very very well made, and the sizing is perfect as its almost adding NO bulk to the phone. I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for something elegant, minimalistic, and real. And because it is genuine leather its going to get better and better with time!

and here are some pictures:

Hey eFrost, What is it about the iCase Slim Series cases that make them better than the Sena and Knomo ones? I'm torn between the three and need to get a case asap, before my phone gets battered and bruised :)
My concern about the Sena Ultraslim is that I read that it can scratch/polish the bezels the seam/stitching rubs against the phone. Do you experience anything similar with the iCase or the Knomo?

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Anyone ever gave Pad & Quill a go? I'm interested in Bella Fino for my 5S but unsure about the sticky film they use to keep the phone in place or how long it will last without attracting pocket lint or losing grip over time.

----------

I've had Pad & Quill cases for my iPhone 4 and 5. I love them and think they're very practical and look great *BUT* the stitches in the wallet part fell apart pretty quickly (along the bottom pocket), which really annoyed me for such an expensive (to me) case. It's still working all right though and I haven't found anything better yet.

I've had mine for a few months or so it annoyed me how bulky it was. Quality is superb however it didn't show any sign of wear much at all. I loved the idea of having a wallet and a case in one though. I wanna try their Bella Fino edition though.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I just received my pouch from ihibag on Etsy.

I can appreciate well-made leather goods, and as nice as some of the other options looked, I didn't want to spend that much since I'm going "double" with a snap-on case as well.

Nor did I want some mass-produced pleather thing that would probably end up looking better in pictures than in person.

I think I ended up with a decent compromise from one of the cheaper Asian sellers, who was responsive to communication (custom size for the hard shell, and different color), and the product is exactly like it was pictured. Overall, the quality and value are good. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time as well.

The only thing I might have wished for are polished edges, but I knew that it lacked them going in.

(And yes, that is cardboard, not a phone; it's in the stretching out phase. The pix also make it more black than the brown it actually is.)

Attachments

• i3.jpg
    i3.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 233
  • i2.jpg
    i2.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 177
  • i1.jpg
    i1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 178

Liljeberg

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2011
Last week I ordered a Thin Series iPhone 5 leather case from iCase Leather in Hungary. I picked it up from the post office this morning. It was sent as a registered letter, free shipping.

icase_box.jpg

Let me first say that I have previously been using Sena Ultraslim Pouches (two of them) for five years, since I got my first iPhone. I have been very happy with them. The leather quality is great, but the inside material wears out.

Now, my first impression of the iCase Leather aren't the best. While the shape and fit are excellent, the material is somewhat strange. I'm not sure it's even real leather.

The Sena cases have a smooth, cool (slightly moist), flexible feel, as you would expect leather to be, while the iCase is dry, stiff and feel like some kind of foam plastic. The leather smell is there, but it is faint, and there is definitely some kind of chemical smell too.

icase_front.jpg

I think the "leather" in the iCase might be so called bicast leather (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicast_leather). It's a thin leather base covered with polyurethane.

The iCase logo also seems to be melted into the case, something that I don't think would be possible if it was real leather.

I took this photo using a loupe:
icase_closeup.jpg

When I compare how my iCase looks to the photos posted by esfrost earlier in this thread, my case just looks dull. His has a shine, that at least to me, looks like real leather. I think iCase Leather might have made a change in the production to cheaper materials.

So I'm not entirely happy but will give it a chance nonetheless.

Last edited:

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Here's an interesting one I saw on Kickstarter. (I have to stop looking at that site because I'm always finding stuff I think I need.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joelyoung/sport-leather-wallet-case-minimal-versatile-smart?ref=discovery

The nice thing about this one is that it's held in place magnetically. It comes with a shell case that's magnetized in the back. They're already at funding goal but I couldn't resist so I placed an order.

7da1dfc21aed58f85096fbb8125c14a7_large.png

a06f2dfc8ab2fc53857d8a7472b3217c_large.JPG

8bff6c118a79150c0521983b526238e8_large.png

b65bc918c1b650385b7b142d8d3fd835_large.jpg

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Here's an interesting one I saw on Kickstarter. (I have to stop looking at that site because I'm always finding stuff I think I need.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...et-case-minimal-versatile-smart?ref=discovery

The nice thing about this one is that it's held in place magnetically. It comes with a shell case that's magnetized in the back. They're already at funding goal but I couldn't resist so I placed an order.

Funny, I was looking at that case on Kickstarter as well (before you posted about it above!!)

I'm the same, I look at their website and find these weird and wonderful gadgets that I just have to have!! I already backed a successful project from last year on there (Bullet Train Safe case for iPhone 5) and currently waiting for my second item (Minimo wallet).

That 'Sport' case you posted about does look pretty good. Almost a carbon copy of Twelve South's 'Book Book' case apart from the fact the the 'Sport' case has a removable phone part.

I almost backed the project but decided not to - couldn't help feeling that the whole case would still be too large and bulky in your front trouser pocket!

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Hi everyone.

Checking out this thread and am intrigued by the Atelier Pall cases.

I can't find anything on their iPhone Book Wallet and was hoping someone here has one or can comment on it.

(Photo from the Atelier Pall website)

I've never had an iPhone wallet, but this one has captured my imagination and I really like the two-tone colors.
From what I've read in this thread Atelier Pall makes quality cases - maybe I should just pull the trigger. :)

I've also considered Atelier Pall before, they do offer a few really cool choices made from real leather I haven't come across anywhere before. Their shipping fees were a bit steep for me though.

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Funny, I was looking at that case on Kickstarter as well (before you posted about it above!!)

I'm the same, I look at their website and find these weird and wonderful gadgets that I just have to have!! I already backed a successful project from last year on there (Bullet Train Safe case for iPhone 5) and currently waiting for my second item (Minimo wallet).

That 'Sport' case you posted about does look pretty good. Almost a carbon copy of Twelve South's 'Book Book' case apart from the fact the the 'Sport' case has a removable phone part.

I almost backed the project but decided not to - couldn't help feeling that the whole case would still be too large and bulky in your front trouser pocket!
I've asked them for a side photo so I can tell how thick it is. It does seem like it might be somewhat substantial.

I'm thinking of backing out if it's too thick. (I can't believe I just typed that)

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013

Attachments

• 11b8e74286c125d25fa0d2c2d30dccc1_large.jpg
    11b8e74286c125d25fa0d2c2d30dccc1_large.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 283
  • bellafino-gray.jpg
    bellafino-gray.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 175

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
What does everyone reckon of this?

http://the-nodus-collection.myshopify.com/products/access-case-for-iphone-5s-5c-5

As much as I dislike cases this could be the ideal solution for me. A combination of a wallet and simplicity and no plastic shell that the iPhone case to be clipped in. Love the idea just bloody expensive.

It's a bit like Pad & Quill's Bella Fino idea.

You're not going to stuff the left side of the case with bills and/or credit cards and expect the case to close flat. Poor design IMO.

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
What does everyone reckon of this?

http://the-nodus-collection.myshopify.com/products/access-case-for-iphone-5s-5c-5

As much as I dislike cases this could be the ideal solution for me. A combination of a wallet and simplicity and no plastic shell that the iPhone case to be clipped in. Love the idea just bloody expensive.

It's a bit like Pad & Quill's Bella Fino idea.

You're not going to stuff the left side of the case with bills and/or credit cards and expect the case to close flat. Poor design IMO.

Agreed. Thats going to look like George Costanza's wallet.
That was a problem with the discontinued Spigen Snap case, I understand. The thing wouldn't close when you put anything in it.

A couple of months ago I wrote to the Nodus designers about it. They said they consciously addressed it by having a more "accommodating" "hinge" area which I'm guessing means it's wide so a few cards & cash won't keep it from closing. I have one ordered so I'll see if that's the case. Even so I'm sure there's a limit to how much it can hold - If it can hold three cards and a few bills I'll be happy. There is some lesser "suction" used to hold the cover closed but I'm a little more skeptical about that feature. I'm guessing it'll need constant cleaning.

Edit: I didn't know they had a website up. I can't believe what they're asking for it. I got in when it was a Kickstarter for half that price. It's gonna deliver in April. I don't know if I'd pay for one at the full retail. Sheesh!

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Why is everyone fixated on whether it's gonna sit flat or not when with just 3 cards in its slots? It will be mostly in your pocket anyway and the whole idea of these wallet ideas I mentioned is the phone being easily extracted whenever you need to (see suction and adhesive surface) :confused::confused::confused: Who cares if it doesn't sit flat? I'd be more worried if the phone is gonna stay in its place lol

Regardless I'm gonna pick up the Pad & Quill.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
So my wallet cover came in from Pad & Quill and so far I love it. The sticky tape holds the phone in place well and I am reluctant to removing it in and out regularly though, no magic tricks here just 3M tape. The leather is top quality and got an addicting scent to it.

http://www.tuaw.com/photos/pad-and-quill-luxury-pocket-book-bella-fino-for-iphone-5-series/

If anyone dares to try it out I'd give it 2 thumbs up. Free shipping within US and their customer service is terrific.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Is there a wallet case that the iPhone can just slip in, not click on a plastic surround and carry few cards and money in.

I want a cheapish wallet case for nights out, don't like cases/wallets that you have to click in, I just want a wallet can slip in, don't mind if can't see the screen either, I'd have to remove it.

Thanks

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Is there a wallet case that the iPhone can just slip in, not click on a plastic surround and carry few cards and money in.

I want a cheapish wallet case for nights out, don't like cases/wallets that you have to click in, I just want a wallet can slip in, don't mind if can't see the screen either, I'd have to remove it.

Thanks

check easy.com they have an excellent selection and most if not are all leather hand made. Plenty to choose from.

scutts

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
id America Wall St wallet case

Genuine leather wallet case without cover from id America. I like this case a lot and find it very useful. I can't stand the wallet cases with covers.

Unknown_zps99b5697a.jpeg

It holds up to 3 credit cards snugly

Unknown-1_zps63f054f7.jpeg

Front View

Unknown-2_zpsf01c718b.jpeg

Unknown-4_zps9922818c.jpeg

Port opening...

Unknown-3_zps052bb219.jpeg

Tap on the top to hold the phone...

http://www.idamericany.com/wallst.html

$35 and free shipping, hard to beat! I've been a fan of their Gasket case since the beginning..

Cache

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Does anyone know of any other micro suction enabled cases, similar to the Access and Piel Frama cases?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I got my Aerystar wallet case today.

Fits pretty snug in my Levis leggings pockets, and it's pretty easy to get on and off, so I can continue using my Incipio Feather when I'm at home.

I was able to fit four cards, plus six dollar bills in there.

(Fold your bills individually in threes, making sure that the denomination shows on one side, then side them in stacking one on the top edge, another at the bottom edge and so on, and probably in the order of biggest to smallest (in my case twenties on top to ones at the bottom), this creates the less bulk vs just folding them all together and lets you get to them easily. Your cards should go at the very front.)

Image.jpg Image-2.jpg Image-3.jpg

They have an Etsy shop, and you can find them on Amazon. they're less than $20 a pop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Aerystar
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_wireless?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Aerystar&node=2335752011

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.