Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desismokerz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Luton, England
why some of the youtube videos are not working in safari whereas are working in chrome??? Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 18.36.36.png every time i click on a video this screen comes up...:(

anybody please tell me whats the problem and how to resolve this...?
Many thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That works fine for me on Safari. Check to see what extensions, plug-ins and ad-blockers you may have installed that may be interfering.

I use Flash on Safari with ClickToFlash to control which content plays, and I have zero issues with it. Generally speaking, Flash is notorious for consuming system resources, raising temps and decreasing battery life. For Flash-related issues:
  • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
  • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
  • Install ClickToPlugin (Safari) to prevent Safari from launching plug-ins automatically, resulting in faster browsing, reduced fan usage, and increased battery life. It can also replace many plug-in-based media players with Safari’s native HTML5 media player.
  • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
why some of the youtube videos are not working in safari whereas are working in chrome??? View attachment 394666 every time i click on a video this screen comes up...:(

anybody please tell me whats the problem and how to resolve this...?
Many thanks

It seems like I've seen this issue before.

It seems like something to do with Youtube not streaming to you (the client) properly. Try resetting your Sarari cache and cookies.

You also mentioned that it's only some of the videos. This could most likely just be a fault on Youtube's end. Try the same videos later on (i.e. a few hours or even tomorrow/days), and they will likely work.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
no i installed clicktoflash and problem is still there and i know its not youtube problem coz problem is been for last week....and 'some' is like 3 out of 10 are not working...:(
Try the HTML trial for YouTube, as suggested.

lindner

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2014
I have had exactly the same problem over the last couple of days.

I've noticed that all videos from the U.K. work fine but all those that have been uploaded from other countries will not play. Incidentally I have played every one of these overseas videos countless times before without any problems. The videos all still play back OK on my iphone and smart TV.

Am really at a loss now as to what has gone wrong.

no i installed clicktoflash and problem is still there and i know its not youtube problem coz problem is been for last week....and 'some' is like 3 out of 10 are not working...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.