Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My wife and I have watched every season of 24 and she just told me about this announcement today. Of course everyone is going to debate whether or not they will end the show with Jack's death. That's all I remember anyone talking about when the last season aired a few years back.

Peace

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
My wife and I have watched every season of 24 and she just told me about this announcement today. Of course everyone is going to debate whether or not they will end the show with Jack's death. That's all I remember anyone talking about when the last season aired a few years back.

24 was my 3rd favorite show behind LOST and Battlestar Galactica.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
May 5th is the date Jack returns.

The clock resets when 24: Live Another Day premieres with a special two-hour television event on Monday, May 5 at 8 PM, followed by its time period premiere the following week in 24‘s signature Monday 9 PM slot. Set and shot in London, the suspenseful event series again will follow the exploits of agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland) as he attempts to thwart a terrorist attack. Retaining the real-time format with split screens and interweaving storylines, the series also stars Mary Lynn Rajskub, Kim Raver, and William Devane reprising their original roles. Newcomers include Yvonne Strahovski, Giles Matthey, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Michael Wincott, and Judy Davis. The event series reunites the Emmy-winning team of executive producer Howard Gordon; star and executive producer Sutherland; co-creator Robert Cochran; executive producers Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury and Brian Grazer; and executive producer and director Jon Cassar.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca...ries-and-new-surviving-jack-and-gang-related/

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Awesome. With only 12 eps, I hope they go straight to torture and trashing the Constitution instead of wasting time on one of Kim's bad dates. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Can't wait! My wife and I are eagerly awaiting for it to start again.
Rumors now that they might reboot the show again.

As for what Live Another Day means for 24's future on Fox, Sutherland said that he's not necessarily on board to star in a reboot. "When I said reboot, I never said I was a part of it," he said, to a few laughs. "There's a lot of fantastic characters. When we started the show, I said that the star was 24, the concept. I still believe that very strongly. If an audience were to latch on to a younger character who was helping my character, that would certainly be an option."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-24-return-is-film-670479

Peace

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Chloe has gone rogue and Jack helps her.

That's all I'll say.
She's described as a Snowdon type..I guess she steals al the goods..

because thats what I read lol.

Last edited:

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Forget everyone & everything else. With just a gun and a laptop, Jack and Chloe could stop any terrorist attack. (And the necessity of a gun is questionable).

:D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
While I am looking forward to this, I am also prepared for a letdown.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Great news. I read the 12 eps will NOT be done in real time.

Jack ;) was on the Jonathan Ross show over the weekend, and although didn't give much away did confirm that it's still in real-time, just each episode covers 2 hours to give them more flexibility for travelling and the like.

Thing I found most interesting is that it's set in London and visits other European cities so I assume won't be based around CTU.

When it first aired, it was a real game changer and the first few seasons were superb. I felt it lost it's way a little from about season 4, and they struggled to find a way to move it on.

That said, looking forward to it at the beginning of May

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.