Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloshirosan

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2014
help

UPDATE : CAME UP WITH MY OWN SOLUTION.

I just received from iAnker:

http://www.ianker.com/product/68ANHUB-S4A

It has caused interference with my Logitech Bluetooth USB receiver so I separated the USB 3.0 plug and the USB mouse receiver to the farthest left and right of the 4 ports on the back of my late 2012 mac mini. But now the 4 port USB 3.0 Hub is causing wifi interference and my web browser doesn't load...as soon as I unplug the 4 port hub, my web browser loads instantaneously. Is there a solution for this interference without forfeiting USB 3.0 transfer speeds?

Last edited:

CH12671

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2013
Southern US
Just got my mom a Mac mini and she will be back from vacation in a couple weeks. I used up all the USB ports on the mini and still need a couple more, so I'm looking for a hub. Anything else out there you guys recommend?

Also one that I think of it couldn't I use the Built in Bluetooth for wireless devices? Is this how apples wireless products work? That would free up two ports right there by not having to use the Logitech wireless adapter and another one for the mouse.

You could use the unifying feature of the logitech keyboards/mice and put both devices on one receiver...that would free up one port right there! (assuming yours are unifying)

takiv

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Moonville, SC
use wired internet if possible, try longer usb 3 cable.

UPDATE : CAME UP WITH MY OWN SOLUTION.

I just received from iAnker:

http://www.ianker.com/product/68ANHUB-S4A

It has caused interference with my Logitech Bluetooth USB receiver so I separated the USB 3.0 plug and the USB mouse receiver to the farthest left and right of the 4 ports on the back of my late 2012 mac mini. But now the 4 port USB 3.0 Hub is causing wifi interference and my web browser doesn't load...as soon as I unplug the 4 port hub, my web browser loads instantaneously. Is there a solution for this interference without forfeiting USB 3.0 transfer speeds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.